RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Mine ran great until it didn't, just under 60k with no warning, but we bought a new Willys with a Eco and now thinking of ordering a new 23 Ram with a Eco so that shows how much I liked my 2020 Ram Eco, had planned on waiting till warranty was almost up but with the cancelation of the Eco I might bump it up

·
Registered
65 Posts
Clarification: I just re-read my last response and the way I wrote it; it may give the impression that it comes across as a criticism. That’s not what was intended. I wouldn’t criticize anyone for contemplating upgrading/trading their vehicle for any reason, especially if they feel it may become problematic down the road. No one knows how their vehicle runs better than they do, so go with your gut and do what makes you most comfortable.

I read a lot of the horror stories on this forum and sometimes it makes me wonder if I made the right decision and I wonder if I should trade mine up. I’m not one to trade my vehicles in every few years, I stick with the maintenance and drive them forever until they die. I’ve never had any issues whatsoever thus far with my EcoD and I periodically send my motor oil out for analysis, and it has always come back good. So, I set those worries aside until I have reason to believe something is up with mine. Wish everyone a long haul with their EcoD’s.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Clarification: I just re-read my last response and the way I wrote it; it may give the impression that it comes across as a criticism. That’s not what was intended. I wouldn’t criticize anyone for contemplating upgrading/trading their vehicle for any reason, especially if they feel it may become problematic down the road. No one knows how their vehicle runs better than they do, so go with your gut and do what makes you most comfortable.

I read a lot of the horror stories on this forum and sometimes it makes me wonder if I made the right decision and I wonder if I should trade mine up. I’m not one to trade my vehicles in every few years, I stick with the maintenance and drive them forever until they die. I’ve never had any issues whatsoever thus far with my EcoD and I periodically send my motor oil out for analysis, and it has always come back good. So, I set those worries aside until I have reason to believe something is up with mine. Wish everyone a long haul with their EcoD’s.
Also you have to think big picture, people on fourms like this is just a tiny tiny fraction of the amount of owners. I wouldn't take super seriously just how good or bad a vehicle is by what you read from fourms by people you can't verify are being totally honest with what they write. Somebody could have a true horror story experience but fail to mention they took it into a river or something dumb for example, Nobody wants to feel like a fool.

·
Registered
2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel
79 Posts
Also you have to think big picture, people on fourms like this is just a tiny tiny fraction of the amount if owners. I wouldn't take super seriously just how good or bad a vehicle is by what you read from fourms by people you can't verify are being totally honest with what they write.
That is of course good advice. Nonetheless, I own two Hondas in addition to my Eco. Of course I follow the user forums for those vehicles as well. You see plenty of posts about the common problems all vehicle owners have with a given platform, or any ICE in general.

What you do not see is a constant stream of reports of low mileage blown engines.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also say that for myself as I only have 16k miles on my 2022 and I try to not freak myself out about what I read online. After all I still owe money on mine and don't want mine to blow up on me either lol. Just gonna do maintenance well and hope for the best. Though bring honest I will probably ditch my eco in 2-3 years after the next gen 4runner hits the market.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I wouldn't worry too much. I am not afraid to buy another, I have 2-1/2 yrs and 39k miles left on warranty and had planned to run till warranty is up and then trade. Ram screwed my plans up by canceling the Eco, I just have to decide which way to go, hopefully my truck will be done this week, put 4k miles on 1st loaner and close to 2k on this one, so 6k not on my truck:)

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,784 Posts
So the new motor had a cracked valve cover. You have bad luck but ... good luck with the new motor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice looking rigs. Would LOVE to add an Eco Wrangler to my collection. You should post a general comparison of the Ram and the Jeep someday if you have time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Will do something like that, love the Wrangler, with aggressive tires and no aerodynamics it gets 27-29 mpg so far (60mph) where my pickup would do 31-33 in summer at that speed. Also have a 22 Ram 2500 Longhorn with a 6.7 cummins, that's 20-21 in summer, 12 towing
Tire Plant Wheel Cloud Sky

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Well ran truck yesterday and check engine light on :(, took to dealer this am, scan shows EGR stuck closed, arg, so appointment for Wednesday to check it out, another loaner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts