RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

5th gen Ecodiesel Lift

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Hawaii_Built 
#1 ·
I'm really struggling to find a good suspension lift for my new 2022 Laramie sport with the ecodiesel. I'm looking for 2-3" of lift, preferably a suspension lift. Pictures and details would be appreciated, please help!

#2 ·
I'm assuming you meant Gen3.

2014-2019 Gen2
2020+ Gen3

If that's all the amount of lift you want I would throw some bilstein 5100 adjustable struts on front and level it out. Should have no issues fitting 35's just leveled. Might rub when turning really sharp is all.

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply Dusty. I meant the 5th gen ram 1500 that has the 3rd gen ecodiesel engine. I don't want a setup where my tires will be touching anything they aren't suppose to be touching. I have done those kind of things when I was in high school.

#3 ·
What's your end game? Lift for a little more aggressive stance? Lift to clear larger tires for offroad clearance?

Some will want to get their truck up to enhance the look of their ride, others will want more suspension performance out of their ride. It'd be helpful to know what you're wanting out of the truck (and what your budget is for the upgrade).

One last thing... do you have air suspension on your truck?

#4 ·
I'm looking for more of an aggressive stance, slightly larger tires (34-35 KO2's) and lose some of the rake. Looking for the beefy stock look. We do use it to pull on occasion so we also thought about adding the rear air bags. I do not have air suspension.

#5 ·
I would prefer to keep my budget around 2,000 for the suspension parts. I haven't priced tires yet but I'm sure those will be another 1200-1500 mounted and balanced. I would assume an alignment and speedometer recalibration would be necessary. At the end of the day it would be nice to keep the total bill under 5,000.

#11 ·
Like Rusty suggested, I don't think you can go wrong with having a set of 5100s put on your truck and adjusting the front so it's leveled out. It'll get you the height you need if that's what you're going after. I personally have 5100s on my truck now and they do what they are designed to do. I'll note that I reluctantly went this route because of past experience with these Bilsteins on my first-generation Tundra. Those shocks didn't last longer than 10K miles before puking oil and being totally useless. My current shocks on my Ram have not leaked any oil after more than 50K (I do wish the fronts were a little firmer though).

I would be able to recommend ICON products based on first-hand experience with my Tundra. Prior to the purchase, I thought expensive coilovers were just snake oil and put on for the bling factor. The ICONs I had were magic and totally transformed the ride quality and driving experience both on and off the pavement. If you go with any coilover, remember that they'll require periodic maintenance to keep them running in optimal condition. Most reputable offroad shops will be able to service them for you.

People often confused lift kits and suspensions systems. There is a difference in what they're designed to do, and a definite difference in price. Carli, King, Fox, ICON all make suspension systems - they design and build items that yield ride height while maximizing performance. Lift kits will give you a higher ride height that stay within the truck's stock suspension parameters (it'll give you ride height with little to no driving improvement).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.