RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

6/26/2014 Ram Announcement!

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Hugh Jass 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Of course they will...

Its my birthday on Thursday, and what better way to celebrate than to see the newest version of the truck days before I take delivery of the old model?

I predict it'll be ugly, more expensive, have less power and get worse fuel economy. Oh, its payload will decrease too. Damn, sure glad I snagged a '14 while I could! Yup, that's exactly how it'll go down. I have decided. :)

#7 ·
I hope they somehow up the payload capacities. If they offer that new fancy split tailgate as an option it will probably lower payload capacity, we’d have a neat tailgate, but won’t be able to use the bed.

#9 ·
No way that new tailgate would be standard…I’m sure it will be an option with an upcharge. I wouldn’t want one, too many potential issues. Back in the day some station wagons came with a similar non-spit design and they were a PITA.

#14 ·
I would venture to say, the 14's did so well, that there won't be hardly any (if at all) changes to the 15's except the discount and rebates! 14's got the buzz going, enough of them out there to get the hype up, drop the 15's in and cut rebates to near nothing and start selling lots more trucks. Glad I didn't wait. Now if you want a 5.7 Hemi, now is the time to buy. I had 5 dealers hounding me while looking for my 3.0 and were willing to give some really nice deals, but I held out and got what I wanted for a good price via USAA buying service. Then I got 1.9% financing from my local CU and Chrysler Financing was willing to match and that gave me an additional 500 bucks off for financing with them. The Eco Dee's went faster than they anticipated according to my dealer and left a lot of 5.7's on the floors.

#16 ·
I would venture to say, the 14's did so well, that there won't be hardly any (if at all) changes to the 15's except the discount and rebates! 14's got the buzz going, enough of them out there to get the hype up, drop the 15's in and cut rebates to near nothing and start selling lots more trucks. Glad I didn't wait.
It has already been confirmed that 15' will see a mild refresh before 17' total overhaul.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.