RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Laramie cc 4x4 on its way to me in Utah and supposed to get here on the 18th of April... I have wheels and 35" mt tires waiting, went to order my lift from BDS and they said the lift for the hemi is different so I have to wait for them to modify the kit, I guess they need a different bracket for front axle support. If Anyone else is planning on lifting you might want to look into this...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Keep us updated. That is the exact route i was going with BDS. I hope they find a resolution my truck should be here this week and was planning the lift for mid June after a long road trip.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought the lift for the ram 1500 hemi 4wd and it fit and looks great! No issues at all! 4" rough country lift with 35" tires!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks great! Did you notice much power loss with the 35" tires? I am still waiting for my truck hopefully will get it soon the Ram customer service said the 13th then 17th, 18th, 21st and now the last time I called they said the 23rd....I am so frustrated because it has been build since March 31st....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called BDS today and they do have a truck but have not determined if an update is needed on the suspension for the diesel...I want the 6" Coil over with Fox Shocks.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That pretty much goes without saying doesnt it.....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Keep us posted on your fuel economy. Both the 4" and 6" lifts look good, but I don't know if I want sacrifice the great fuel economy. That said, I will at least do the 2 or 2.5" leveling.

·
Registered
231 Posts
DSSTECKM, You've got good taste in Trucks. It looks great! Almost went with those XD wheels myself but then opted for Fuel at the last minute View attachment 858 View attachment 859
I am still waiting on dealer to get a ecodiesel in that I would like. Like to have Laramie but nobody has one coming in soon other than Black. Don't want another black vehicle. That said there is a couple big horns coming in soon and I want a lift. Is yours 4in or 6? I will add the amp steps for wife. I too want the best lift that gives best ride as close to stock as possible. I put 30k miles a year on mostly hyw. I do go fishing a lot and tow my bass boat on weekends. In winter I go to some places it's easy to get stuck fishing in creeks and rivers. I was thinking bds 6 in with fox shocks too. Are they available yet in any lifts and wich ones? Your truck looks good. What tires are those

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Don't think this 1500 is as quiet as my old Dodge 2500. Do know the ride is rougher. I can hear the outside quite well, even with the windows up.

Hope those tires are not distracting or, if you like the noisy whine, just the right sound you like.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts