RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
A little over 11.000 hours total not with the truck right now to give a more accurate number.
zero reluctor rings
Ouch well I have only changed the transfer case fluid twice but I don't use the 4WD that often or long in duration. I may do it again when I do the transmission fluid. Not a 4WD guru is there things that spin in there all the time regardless of whether 4WD is in use. I think there is.
SO PERFECT...thank you for confirming my suspicions on the Ziggy wheels and transfer case. I will OWN my personal results yet appreciate your experience. Probably will do xfer case fluid transfer before 250,000 and may have a front wheel bearing going at 196,000 OTW truck has been exemplary and FAR exceeded my initial expectations. Close to being equal to my 7.3 turbo and 50k away exceeding my former Genesis.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Not concerned with AEM per my first post. This engine has a 24 month unlimited mileage warranty which is why I don’t miss oil & fuel filter changes & document. Lol I’m working on getting my monies worth out of that warranty. :p. Not that I hope or expect to use it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Vern, did you get a new CP4 pump when you got the new engine? I'm trying to figure out how many miles you have on your CP4.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Vern, did you get a new CP4 pump when you got the new engine? I'm trying to figure out how many miles you have on your CP4.
Good question, but I think I know the answer. Just don't know the mileage at the time...but I am very curious about this too. For high milers...I wonder if CP4 replacement should be a preventative maintenance item. My recent $4500 (just parts/supplies) expenditure would suggest yes...

Good going Vern...and I keep hoping to catch you on I-70 one of these days, I'm in Dayton frequently. I'm at 178K and you give me confidence in getting to at least 300K.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Vern is the "Top Dog" of all modern diesel 3.0 operators. His experiences are a very real tribute to the ZF transmission, even if it does not have a dipstick and reasonable fill level plug. Actually, the entire running gear sure gets a gold star based on his experiences.

Doing a full delete is the way to keep these things running long-term. Now, with the angst about GDE future operation, that could sure put a damper on others wanting to duplicate Verns' success in whole or part if there is no further support coming from them. Enjoy the Ecodiesel while you can and hope the present programming can carry over into any future engine changes that might come up 100's of thousands of miles down the road.

Keep the shiny side up.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
New fuel pump injectors & turbo etc comes with new motor so I assume all warranted. Lol the dealership guys know me as I ordered the truck brand new from my BIL there and my cousin is the service manager.

Today I found out with the new thermostat that not only does my unloaded run at 192 instead of 204 that when I hooked a 30’ floor plan 6,800 pound Airstream that the thermostat goes full open sooner than the 228 fan on original stat did. It wasn’t hot and no hills but at 70 mph she mostly ran about 217. So unless you are taxing the cooling system more than a full open stat will handle it runs cooler. After full open would likely be the same but this gives you a running start so to speak and should buy you at least some more time before reaching derate. Perhaps the new radiator played a little part all I can say is that the fins on the old radiator were clean.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wow! So your first CP4 lasted 371,500 miles and your current CP4 has gone 229,000 miles. That’s great!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts