RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 75k + on my 305-55-20E all 4 evenly measured 10/32. New was 18/32, they have performed flawless in wet clay, mud, high water, and beach sugar sand. The 1-2 mpg loss is worth the trade off of NOT buying Defenders every 65,000 (2 sets).

Did experience snow and ice in Ohio 2 years ago; seemed find however Florida Man is not qualified to offer opinion on snow.

Last rotation was 12,000 miles and they measured the same.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Interesting ..... I just bought a set of Falken pulls from a brand new Ram 1500 .... not AT3W's, but at $50 each for P275-55R-20" tires, I wasn't being too fussy. Nice to read that Falken aren't too bad.

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 276,000 KM.
2,288 Posts
I ran the Wildpeak AT3w but ended up changing them out when the 2 rear were too worn for winter so I tried to buy 2 more but they were sold out for several months.
Kept the two fronts and tossed them into my seatainer for future considerations.
May have to try to source two more and put them on again. I've found a local source for brand new take offs but they only include the OEM Goodyear Wranglers.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE: Now at 90,000 miles on these tires and measured 8 and 9/32 yesterday during an air up at DT. Several thousands of miles ago I posted 8/32 all the way around.

So the rubber is not growing, the tires look the same, and clearly have not worn. Regarding the measurements...suppose it depends on who is 'holding the tape measure'...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: HYDREX

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally sent the AT3W to the rubber chipping yard today. 116,000 miles, 5 years, and still measured 5/32. Front right had huge gash in sidewall and a nail. Rightly DT would not touch the tire.

Went with 35 11.5/20E Nitto Recon Grapplers in the end. Their newest AT and whisper quiet. Hopefully taking 4 inches of rubber off the road will regain some MPG versus the 12.5.

Reason I didn’t go with AT3 again was almost $100 more per tire vs the Recon. BTW, DT now has 5% military/veteran discount and 5% using their 12 months same as cash credit card stackable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts