1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler Group Executive Briefing, Jan. 13, 2014
Sergio Marchionne, Chrysler Chairman & CEO

"The Ram 1500 is going--what's today? the 13th?--into production in 8 days."

·
Registered
366 Posts
Woot woot! My dealer says I'm supposed to get mine before they get theirs, I hope they're not just blowwin smoke up my ass!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Woot woot! My dealer says I'm supposed to get mine before they get theirs, I hope they're not just blowwin smoke up my ass!
One of the sales reps on the allpar site answered that question when I asked. He stated customer orders are filled first. Hope he is correct for you and for all of us waiting for ordering to open stateside. Hope it comes soon for you!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've found nothing online about the actual production having been started, only reports leading upto the 21st that say it WILL begin. HOWEVER, I've also heard nothing about delays.

If I get my truck before others, I will be going over it with a GoPro and a fine-tooth comb so that all these concerns are put to rest. I'm not meaning to sound arrogant, but I closed the deal on my truck on the 6th and it was "officially ordered" on the 8th (according to my dealer) so I think I'm one of the first in my area. If deals are just closing now, I'm thinking march-april is much more realistic

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK we are now past the 8 days referenced above - are they taking orders for build? Sorry if I missed it being confirmed elsewhere here.
Knowledgeable sources say production has started. So far, only Canadian dealers can take orders. Dealers in the U.S. are saying that orders will open sometime in February. The reason for the wait is unclear although it could have to do with the missing EPA economy numbers. Or not. In any case, some dealers should be getting "pre-spec" trucks during February to get vehicles on the lots to show customers; these are trucks built in popular configurations rather than on order. Whether we can buy a pre-spec truck or order a custom build for delivery before summer no one seems to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts