RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a pretty good looking truck. Personally this truck is not my style, but I think they did a great job with the build. It's advertised as a 2020 Bighorn Lonestar package and they've got 32 pictures posted in the ad.

EDIT: The pics I posted are from a HEM, but there's a link to an EcoD below as well. Both are in IL.

ECO DIESEL LINK

HEMI LINK

·
Registered
239 Posts
Amazing that they build a truck to be "off road" but put low-profile tires on it. Those wheels will get chewed up big time with even moderate off roading.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Agreed, not my style but well done. I believe the Black Widow builds retain the factory warranty too.

I wonder why they'd do it to a Big Horn and not a Laramie or Limited. Probably because they put their own leather on the seats so they didn't mind if the Big Horn came with cloth. I'm trying to think of what else a Laramie would have over this truck.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Agreed, not my style but well done. I believe the Black Widow builds retain the factory warranty too.

I wonder why they'd do it to a Big Horn and not a Laramie or Limited. Probably because they put their own leather on the seats so they didn't mind if the Big Horn came with cloth. I'm trying to think of what else a Laramie would have over this truck.
A much better price tag even if one bought and installed the lift, tire/wheels , and running boards.

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
Wanna see a lie in print? Take a look at the fuel mileage figures in the ad for this thing. Sadly there are people who read and believe these lies.

Take a look at DBL Design on the internet. Guy I know had his new 4500 Powerstroke build sent from Ford to their place in Texas. Right now he is waiting for them to finish their conversion to single rear wheel with all the mods they advertise. Then it will be shipped to his selling dealer. It is now priced way over $100 grand to him. Like the truck above, it will add to the threat of vehicles flinging road debris on those behind from those open tires.

One good thing about this one on the thread is they only ruined a Hemi and not a good Ecodiesel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
One good thing about this one on the thread is they only ruined a Hemi and not a good Ecodiesel.
Hmmm...my mistake. I'll edit my post. Weird that it came up in a diesel fuel search.

EDIT: got crossed up on my ads. There is an identical EcoD truck...I posted the link to it as well. GOod to see there are folks experimenting, and it's fun to look at, but that about it for me. Not my kind of rig.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm having a hard time with the price ...

Other than the lift kit, wheels and tires and a few things with a "Black Widow" name tag on them ... just what is special about this truck? What makes it worth $80K USD? Four years ago I bought an SLT, similar except for bling, with ramboxes and the diesel and trailer tow and full running boards and tri-fold tonneau cover.... and I paid $62K CDN all in, including 84/160 warranty and 72 months of zero interest .... and that's about $45K USD then .... this truck is almost twice that ?? How much can bling be worth?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts