RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.blocklayer.com/rpm-geareng.aspx

This is a fantastic calculator where you can input shift point RPMs, gear ratios, rearend ratio and tire diameter. For motorcycles you can input sprocket sizes instead of rear end ratios. It has excellent graphics that provide useful information. Furthermore it provides a way to waste even more time online..

It has several transmissions already built in but not the Ram ZF as best I can see. They have a way to request adding additional transmissions to the calculator. I have asked for that. PErhaps if a few more of you guys do they will do so Otherwise you have to find the ratios and add them yourself.

Seriously, it is useful when trying to understand the effects of different tire sizes and rear end ratios.

Their home page has a bunch of useful building and other calculators. Not sure how they got into this one, but it is good.

All the best

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Bookmarked it under my "motorcycle" section in the iMac. Will try later as stupid busy again today and tomorrow. Hope to report if it works on my new 2500 Cummins. My first impressions are the 68RFE transmission for the new models is a different ratio than in the past. With 3:73's I am showing lower rpm in top gear than I used to have with my old Cummins. Friend just bought a 2918 with the 3:45's and he seems to be running near the same rpm's.

Curiosity got me so I expect to find out and see if this calculator applies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts