RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

What would you buy? If you were inclined to buy another half ton Diesel?

• Total voters
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
h
Very nice. Congrats.......Obviously the limited range wont be a problem for you.
I own a 11KW generator...plus 250 miles is more than I drive in a week...bought the EcoLethal new in 2014...its been so unreliable it is still under 50K...luckily I still drive the 74 VW I bought new...so between my Ram, VW, wife’s car (and since the Ram purchase, I retired) so vehicular availability’s no problem...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im kinda biased, since I just traded my '18 silverado 5.3 for my '18 ED. I can honestly say, if you pull any trailer over say 3500lbs, you will not be happy with the bowtie gas. Now looking at the 1500 duramax.... I considered it until I saw a video explaining the oil pump drive belt, that has a 150kmile change interval, and how it was near the bellhousing and requires removal or at least backing off of the trans to replace. No thanks. What are these developers thinking???

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's the same type of brilliant engineering on the Ecodiesel by VM when they put the tone ring in the bell housing. Big $'s to repair and replace the tone ring and sensor when they fail, because the transmission must be dropped.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts