RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 2016, truck. Let me explain. I installed a GDE engine tune in my truck last night. It drives like a new truck. I must say I was a little hesitant about spending about $830.00, when you add the options I had added to my tune. ( Regen Message, Engine brake) But in my opinion only, cause I know the tune bashers with post negative comments about GDE, but this is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ONLY. LOVE the truck again the truck currently has 37k on it, so far I have had zero problems. After the dealer over filled the truck with oil on two oil changes I have been changing my own oil. I currently use only Amsoil 5-40 Diesel oil. I plan to drive the truck until it dies.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got a new 2016, truck. Let me explain. I installed a GDE engine tune in my truck last night. It drives like a new truck. I must say I was a little hesitant about spending about $830.00, when you add the options I had added to my tune. ( Regen Message, Engine brake) But in my opinion only, cause I know the tune bashers with post negative comments about GDE, but this is MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ONLY. LOVE the truck again the truck currently has 37k on it, so far I have had zero problems. After the dealer over filled the truck with oil on two oil changes I have been changing my own oil. I currently use only Amsoil 5-40 Diesel oil. I plan to drive the truck until it dies.
Great to hear I just emailed them this weekend about what they recommend for me. I have 158k miles on a 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
we are all hesitant to spend that much money for the tune , but it really is protection on our investment in a $50-60 000 truck.
remembering that the tune is transferable ( tuned ECM can be sold , GDE will transfer owners in their files , reflash to new owner's truck's specs for $200 )
helps pulling the trigger , once done ==> no regrets .

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know it's been addressed here many times.
My only concern is that I'll get caught and void my warranty.
Besides that, it seems all good.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I know it's been addressed here many times.
My only concern is that I'll get caught and void my warranty.
Besides that, it seems all good.
I've had my '16 in for warranty work a few times in the 85k I've been tuned, never an issue with the GDE Hot Tune installed. There have been no reported issues.

The tune is not readily apparent during a dealer visit, and in my opinion they're not looking for it either. FCA knows the issues with this platform and tuning isn't one of them.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
What type if any problem have you had with your truck and what type of oil are you using?.
If you're asking me, I only use the recommended T6 5w40 and change every 10k. Will go with a longer interval once warranty is up at 120k.

Most of my warranty work has been recalls. Tried to get them to fix the wind noise common to the driver's side window but they couldn't. Also couldn't get them to fix the popping in the front end when turning at slow speeds. Will try again before 120k. Currently at 85k.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have never been able to get that much on my oil, the dash display only goes about 8600 mile until it say's its time to change the oil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts