Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

After 21 days in the shop I am getting my truck back tomorrow after a blown turbo, damage during towing and a broken O2 sensor that was damaged during the turbo replacement. FCA was horrible to deal with and if it wasn't for my dealer's diesel mechanic pushing back on "tech" at the factory they would have replaced much more.

My truck has 2800 miles on it.

I want to wager to the forum that I believe I WILL have a failure requiring a trip to the dealer, non-maintenance) or a CEL BEFORE I get to my first oil change @ 10,000 miles. If I don't, I will donate $20 to the operation of the forum. If I do, then the forum needs to pay me the $20. Any member can donate the funds on behalf of the forum.

Anyone care to wager???

This should prove very revealing.

dman2112

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Hmmmm. I may take that wager! Both because I hope your truck remains trouble free from here on out, and because I really want to believe that this truck is a great machine, and it will be fixed properly. Fingers crossed for you Dman2112

Andrew.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
OK,

After 21 days in the shop I am getting my truck back tomorrow after a blown turbo, damage during towing and a broken O2 sensor that was damaged during the turbo replacement. FCA was horrible to deal with and if it wasn't for my dealer's diesel mechanic pushing back on "tech" at the factory they would have replaced much more.

My truck has 2800 miles on it.

I want to wager to the forum that I believe I WILL have a failure requiring a trip to the dealer, non-maintenance) or a CEL BEFORE I get to my first oil change @ 10,000 miles. If I don't, I will donate $20 to the operation of the forum. If I do, then the forum needs to pay me the $20. Any member can donate the funds on behalf of the forum.

Anyone care to wager???

This should prove very revealing.

dman2112

I am not in the wager business but would like to understand a bit more about your comment "if it wasn't for my dealer's diesel mechanic pushing back on "tech" at the factory they would have replaced much more"

makes it sound like FCA feels like a complete repair wasn't done and a latent defect remains. The only reason it seems one would not replace what the factory wants to replace would be if you were very sure they were wrong and the replacement wasn't necessary. What did they want to replace that you or your dealer's tech thought didn't need replacing? MOST cases on this Forum are the opposite where the owner and/or dealer want more replaced than the factory will authorize.

All the best,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.