RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel
79 Posts
The ABS sensor is located on the wheel. Sounds like you have an electrical connection getting stretched when the steering is racked all the way in one direction. I would pull the tire, locate the sensor, and see what happens to the wiring when you steer right. Look for cracks, pulling, or any tension on the wire (both sides).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put the truck on stands, pullled both wheels and turned lock to lock and no lights popped up. Checked all connections for stretching and looseness. Nothing seemed wrong. Put wheels back on, set truck down, tried again, there it was, warning lights again! Scratching my head on this one. Not going to freak out, light goes off, and truck runs fine.

·
Premium Member
2016 Big Horn 4X4 Engine and Transmission tuned by no longer available (but truck runs good)
119 Posts
that is an odd one, maybe wheels/tires on and jacked up on stands???? and see what transpires :unsure: also would be handy to have a "helper" turn wheel while you observe;) be sure and update when you figure it out, I know you said truck still does fine but my OCD and the lights would put me over the edge:oops:🤣🤣

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Put the truck on stands, pullled both wheels and turned lock to lock and no lights popped up. Checked all connections for stretching and looseness. Nothing seemed wrong. Put wheels back on, set truck down, tried again, there it was, warning lights again! Scratching my head on this one. Not going to freak out, light goes off, and truck runs fine.
Take it to an alignment shop where they can turn the wheels lock to lock at ride hight sounds more like a ball joint or wheel bearing.

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,845 Posts
Puzzling, cause I don’t think there’s anything electronic on a wheel bearing
^^^ did you miss my post above about the ABS wheel speed sensor in the front bearing hub? If the hub is going bad the wheel speed sensor can make contact or get too far away from the tone wheel inside the hub.

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
646 Posts
Every time I make a full right turn , I get a warning light about my ABS or service trailer brake. Truck still drives great and light goes off soon after. What could possibly be wrong?
Every time I see something about multiple unrelated error messages, I am reminded of my electronic gremlins which included those messages plus several more. I have a hard time understanding how the trailer brake system would be connected to the front end, and I assume you were not towing! (Someday I may be right!) There's not much for you to go on now, but you might glance at my experiences in case more error messages start showing up.

What happens if they can't fix it? | RAM 1500 Diesel Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts