RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went for a ride today and by the end of the ride she was getting a stiff neck form the head rest pushing her head so far forward. I looked in the Manuel and I didn't see any adjustments for it other then up and down, Does anyone know how to change the angle other then turning them around and bending the post which other forums are recommending? I would think they would be adjustable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
While I don't know if/how to adjust the headrest as I am still waiting on my truck, I had a similar problem on a different vehicle I owned. Try this, recline the seat back one "notch" and see if that is better. If the seat is too vertical, my car would make it feel as if the headrest was pushing your head too far forward and was very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My wife has said the same thing about my 2009 and 2012 Rams, but says this one's better than those two????

·
Registered
698 Posts
You can always reverse the headrest so it points toward the back seat. Just take it out and turn it around.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've turned them around but then there is zero support so if you get rear ended you will snap your head back so needless to say i put them back. I'll have to try putting the seat back one notch and see if my wife likes that.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I too have an issue with the headrests. I find the seat to be very comfortable but it is impractical to be able to use the headrest while driving - they're just too far back. In my Touareg, the headrests were great. While sitting in a natural driving position, you could just tilt your head about 1/2 backward and the headrest was right there. It seems both comfort and safety could be improved with a better designed headrest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts