RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
8,947 Posts
Ramit, I know you now have bigger problems and you truck is in for repair, just want to mention something I discovered on the headlights.

I swapped out my chrome halogen headlights a couple days ago for the OEM Black bezel halogens and both assemblies were aiming extremely low. I had marked the existing beam on a wall and adjusting the new lights required 11 full turns on one and 9 full turns on the other. Way more than I would have expected. One full turn barely changes the aim at all.

For the halogens (Quad Headlights), clockwise does raise the beam and counterclockwise lowers it. I'm thinking maybe you have projectors and the adjustment must be opposite of the halogens.

·
Registered
114 Posts
FWIW my projector headlamps are the same way. They point way too low even at the highest adjustment. Careful not to turn it counter-clockwise after you start to feel resistance...There is a ball socket that's used for the adjustment. Rotating counter- clockwise too much will pop the projector out of socket and then you'll have to open the headlamp and seat the ball back into the socket. Ask me how I know...

I'm out of ideas for better light output other than doing a retrofit for actual HID projectors.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's it 7MM hex or T20 will fit. It's a vertical adjustment. Not sure what the L & R mean. Did you get new headlamp assemblies or just bulbs? I'm wondering why they aim so low.
Lower & Raise, not Left and Right like we'd think. Little late but reading what the other hole does as haven't seen anything. Got the Projectors adjusted a little but, not the brights but there liveable

21 - 24 of 24 Posts