RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been obvious for many years now that the site is selling lots of advertising which interferes with the performance of the site. Well, a new one just happened. While I was reading a post one of your advertisers took over my screen with an alert that I needed to update windows. Urgently. WTF? I clicked the back arrow and it didn't go away. But when I double clicked I was back on the forum.

Glad y'all are getting paid.

·
Registered
575 Posts
AdBlock = A free browser extension that makes this site and others usable and tolerable.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Yeah , don't know wjhat browser you use Ziggy , there is a AdBlockPro designed for it
easy install , makes surfing nice all you see is a number besides the small Ad Block icon to show how many publicity was blocked ,
i don't even look at that anymore , just surf .
https://www.google.ca/search?ei=5fcPXODEJtGyggeT7JLADQ&q=adblock+pro+free+download&oq=adblock+pro+free&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i203j0i22i30l8.6878.9573..11713...0.0..0.158.494.4j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0j0i71j0i8i13i10i30j0i8i13i30.BncYkRcQ0OE

·
Registered
854 Posts
Sounds more like you were getting spammed. I haven't seen that kind of screen unless I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be.

·
Registered
481 Posts
More likely you have some malware installed on your PC. You may want to check with a malware scanner.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use Chrome for browsing. And I have StopZILLA for the malware--but it runs on Thursdays so it's possible I picked up something somewhere.

As for AdWare: I had that and it helped a LOT with this site. The bad part is that it made everything else run slower, including other sites. So I got rid of it because I wasn't willing to sacrifice the performance of every other site for the half-hour or so I spend on here every day. :(

I guess I'll run StopZilla and see if something snuck in.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The only times I have seen the pop-up ads I have found Malware.

I find this sites level of ads very acceptable. I have Adware, but it is turned off.

·
Administrator
377 Posts
this is on your desktop right? We'll need a screenshot to see what's going on too. I don't think you should be getting them but it's a better if we report all of them.

Lee

·
Registered
698 Posts
More likely you have some malware installed on your PC. You may want to check with a malware scanner.
Agreed, most likely not from this site, probably from somewhere else on your travels across the interwebs. Don't forget about emails, if the, look fishy, don't open them.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only times I have seen the pop-up ads I have found Malware..
It wasn't so much a pop-up as a re-direct.

Agreed, most likely not from this site, probably from somewhere else on your travels across the interwebs. Don't forget about emails, if the, look fishy, don't open them.
Yup. Happens every once in a while--usually about the time somebody on FaceBook says not to accept a friend request from them.

stop surfing the stuff u should not be surfing DZ. lmao
Well, you know. :eek:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, I'm referring to just below the bar where it says, "HOME FORUM ACTIVE TOPICS, etc." where just underneath it used to have another bar just like on the "HOME" page. Didn't usta hafta go back to the home page to "Mark All Forums Read."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts