RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Lets remember they promised no change drivability or fuel economy. Tell where in the offer that we have to accept those changes. I can't believe they are released from a safety issue, NHTA is very interested.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Lets remember they promised no change drivability or fuel economy. Tell where in the offer that we have to accept those changes. I can't believe they are released from a safety issue, NHTA is very interested.
I never said FCA would be released from a safety issue. I said it's unlikely anyone would be successful in winning based on performance/drivability.

Unfortunately, if the AEM is proven to cause a safety issue, I fear someone is going to have to get hurt or worse before anything gets done.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Lets remember that we know zero about the deal that was actually made. It's entirely possible that the attacking lawyers asserted that the changes could be made w/o impacting performance. Remember, the attacking lawyers are trying hard to appear like they are representing the best interests of the consumers. They are incentivized to require that Ram state the change won't impact performance. In contrast, Ram is incentivized to play the role of the aggrieved party and tell everyone that the changes they are being forced to make will cause problems. All the attacking lawyers have to do is require, in the agreement, that Ram a) "figure out a way to make the change that won't impact performance" and b) "adopt the position that there is no change in performance". Lawyers are perfectly happy to ignore physics, chemistry, honor, and truth.

I'm not saying that's how it went down, but it's all plausible. When one doesn't know the details of some legal deal, one should look carefully at the incentives before blithely imagining the details of an agreement.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Why after all this would FCA open up another can of worms? They wouldn't, if they could have complied with the Fed's numbers and made the vehicle run normal. It screams out why this happened in the first place. The finished design of this engine cannot be normal and be compliant. Simple.

I say this is an automotive engineering night mare, and its just beginning not ending. I ran mine for the first time since the AEM in hot weather towing 5klb boat.Usually a nothing assignment compared to 8klb ATC. It is slug, you can smell fumes, the cooling fan came on frequently Its not the same, not even close.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Why after all this would FCA open up another can of worms? They wouldn't, if they could have complied with the Fed's numbers and made the vehicle run normal. It screams out why this happened in the first place. The finished design of this engine cannot be normal and be compliant. Simple.
That's ridiculous. An engine is a big pump of fuel/air. There's all sorts of diesel engines that meet EPA regs. Therefore our engine can be made to meet them. Doesn't mean it's easy, but "cannot be normal and compliant" is pure conjecture.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine was fairly painless. Emailed the pics of the documents, had the aem done and 5 weeks later received my check. Already cashed

·
Registered
4 Posts
So unfortunately my EcoDiesel was originally sold in Canada so I am unable to receive the $3075. Which I think is crap because I’m still a U.S. citizen. Anyway, I had the recall taken care of and the next day my check engine light came on, and my Service Electronic Throttle Control message came up and my light came on (red lightening bolt). It wasn’t in limp mode and would start back up upon turning it off, but it definitely lost power big time I couldn’t pull a hill faster than about 40mph. So I took it to the dealership and it turns out my boost control sensor was clogged with soot. My paperwork hasn’t been fully processed by FCA, so I had to foot the bill for $207, but I just wanted to post this in case anyone encounters a similar problem after the recall is taken care of. Enjoy that check guys I wish I could get it too..............

·
Registered
1 Posts
Idea---Instead of FCA, why not call the government( do not know who maybe congressman)
and complain that FCA is not living up to it's legal obligation. Then see what happens.

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's ridiculous. An engine is a big pump of fuel/air. There's all sorts of diesel engines that meet EPA regs. Therefore our engine can be made to meet them. Doesn't mean it's easy, but "cannot be normal and compliant" is pure conjecture.
Rediculous? Really? Bosh, FCA who are world-class companies enjoy the spot light of incompetence?

No, its a design that isn't working unless its defeating the clean air act. Tune it and it works. Only solution currently.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I received an email to notarize some paperwork and return it. Amount to receive is $3,025. Is this the correct amount? I thought it was a little more.

The fix for my truck has been great and got rid of the engine light. The DEF tank was replaced. Service indicated 6 months ago this was a $2400 replacement item. So glad I waited. However I do believe it’s a matter of time before the new tank fails again. They are the same designed tanks as the original.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Checks in the mail is what mine says. Been that way for 2 weeks now. Hmm.. Is it coming by postal carrier walking from FCA Headquarters?? Not too happy can't track it to see just where it is either.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It took multiple calls till I got a lady that verified the documents. She could not find part of the documents and I sent her picutres while on the phone. Next day it cleared on the web site and after two weeks it shows the check has mailed. Took my truck in May 23rd and submitted my paperwork on the same day. Hoping to get a check in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had all my work completed and mailed in by certified mail by May 16. They’ve never found my certified letter/notarized statements. Finally emailed my package in. I had made copies. But what I had failed to do is mail all 8 pages. The last page is one where if you are a co-owner they must also sign. That didn’t apply to me so I left it off. Nope! Even if left blank it needs to go too. Waited two weeks after that and I called back again after receiving an email everything was okay, then getting another one that said it was incomplete! again! Called and a nice guy said it was in their end, he would fix it. Next day tracking advised my checks in the mail! This all took from May 16 till July 9th.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Submitted my claim a little over 2 months ago, status still says its under review. I called last week but the agent couldn't confirm anything for me. She just said it hadn't been assigned yet....frustrating. I have heard some people have had issues with the reprogramming so my plan was to wait until my paperwork was accepted before I get my Jeep reprogrammed just in case they denied my paperwork (which they shouldn't). The local Jeep dealer even called me a few weeks ago to schedule the work but I told them I was waiting for my claim acknowledgement. Do I need to get the programming done first? Is that why the review isn't completed?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Submitted my claim a little over 2 months ago, status still says its under review. I called last week but the agent couldn't confirm anything for me. She just said it hadn't been assigned yet....frustrating. I have heard some people have had issues with the reprogramming so my plan was to wait until my paperwork was accepted before I get my Jeep reprogrammed just in case they denied my paperwork (which they shouldn't). The local Jeep dealer even called me a few weeks ago to schedule the work but I told them I was waiting for my claim acknowledgement. Do I need to get the programming done first? Is that why the review isn't completed?
Doesn't matter when you get it done, the claim process is f'ed up regardless

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
My current status is "Settlement Check Mailed" -not sure how long it has been that way. The address it's going to is not where I spend a lot of time during the summer. My wife is there now but leaving again Friday. If it doesn't arrive this week then it will be toward the end of the month before I will be able to check for it. It's a PO Box so no worries about it disappearing from a mailbox.
The only two hiccups in the process were: they wanted proof that I was the President of the Corp. that is on the paperwork along with my name, and they sent an email stating that I had not completed the AEM. For the first issue, I just scanned and emailed my Corp. filings and EIN. For the AEM issue I first called the dealer to make sure they had submitted everything (as well as have them send me copies.) Then I called and the person I talked with appologized and stated that the email was in error in the first place and that all was good. He also stated that the checks should be mailed the next week. The "next week" was the week of July 4th so I didn't expect any miracles.
I have done everything electronically. You guys who trust USPS with your claim are the real gamblers here. I wish there was a way they could do an electronic deposit. If there is a SNAFU in the process it is the "check is in the mail" part.
As for the AEM and my truck -so far, so good. I'm not driving it much because I intend on selling it next month (sold my business and do not have a need for it) -so I cannot attest to poor mileage or performance. Any truck I trade it for will be gas powered as it won't be driven much and I truly believe that diesels need to be driven.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My current status is "Settlement Check Mailed" -not sure how long it has been that way. The address it's going to is not where I spend a lot of time during the summer. My wife is there now but leaving again Friday. If it doesn't arrive this week then it will be toward the end of the month before I will be able to check for it. It's a PO Box so no worries about it disappearing from a mailbox.
The only two hiccups in the process were: they wanted proof that I was the President of the Corp. that is on the paperwork along with my name, and they sent an email stating that I had not completed the AEM. For the first issue, I just scanned and emailed my Corp. filings and EIN. For the AEM issue I first called the dealer to make sure they had submitted everything (as well as have them send me copies.) Then I called and the person I talked with appologized and stated that the email was in error in the first place and that all was good. He also stated that the checks should be mailed the next week. The "next week" was the week of July 4th so I didn't expect any miracles.
I have done everything electronically. You guys who trust USPS with your claim are the real gamblers here. I wish there was a way they could do an electronic deposit. If there is a SNAFU in the process it is the "check is in the mail" part.
As for the AEM and my truck -so far, so good. I'm not driving it much because I intend on selling it next month (sold my business and do not have a need for it) -so I cannot attest to poor mileage or performance. Any truck I trade it for will be gas powered as it won't be driven much and I truly believe that diesels need to be driven.
Update: I got my check last week and now I am waiting to see if I get $600+ more after Aug. 1st.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Today I called FCA and asked my AEM status, ( I US mailed) . I’m not in any hurry and I know that US mailing takes longer. They told me that it will take 4 to 5 MONTHS for them to get it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts