RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much hesitation about this process, I took my stock 2015 Laramie ED (65k miles) to the local Ram dealer for the AEM. I have to say I do not notice much difference in performance. Several posters to this site warned of additional pedal lag after their AEM. I have not experienced anything out of the ordinary. The acceleration and MPG have not noticeably fallen off. But, I have yet to haul my 5,000 lb. trailer up and down our Utah hills.
This ED and my 2001 Ram 2500 have always had some lag, but it varies depending on engine temperature. Some diesel owners describe this as the turbos spooling up and then bam, you’re off like a shot. I wanted to post a positive experience to balance those who haven’t been so lucky, or who have compare the acceleration to a gas engine truck.
I had the AEM performed Jan. 20, 2020 and received the first of hopefully two FCA checks five weeks later. I’m the second owner of the truck and still in the dark whether the previous owner filed for the rebate. Good luck to you all!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sounds like you got the latest AEM flash version that is supposed to correct the lag, etc. problems of the original flash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts