RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me how long it takes to get the AEM done?
We are thinking that the dealerships are very slow right now with the CV19 so maybe a good time to get it done. We have to travel over an hour to get to our dealer so we will have to wait for the truck to be finished.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UUGGG, 3 hours, I was hoping for 1/2 hr - 1hr.

But that's also just what the paperwork mentions, IF it takes that long, maybe someone has actually waited...?

·
Registered
69 Posts
About 1 hour of programming. Have to wait for manual regeneration to complete (can take up to 45 minutes.) Then there is check-in time, and check-out time.
Safe to assume 2-2.5 hours.
Will need to ask your local dealer - COVID19 May be allowing for loaners even without meeting the time requirements normally enforced, as waiting rooms don’t allow for social distancing.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses.
I know I could ask the dealer but with everyone hurting for business I don't know if they would throw out a short wait time just to get us in there, I knew I would get a real/ honest time estimate here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the responses.
I know I could ask the dealer but with everyone hurting for business I don't know if they would throw out a short wait time just to get us in there, I knew I would get a real/ honest time estimate here.
I meant ask about loaner policy during COVID 19.
They may do a loaner on anything right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had it done last Saturday and it took almost 2 hours. They also did a regen, but it was due. I was hoping it would regen on the 30 minute freeway trip to the dealer, but it didn't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts