RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just announced and shipping soon, AFE DPF-Back Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems at RSD Rollin Smoke Diesel. Exhaust

Features:

• Up to +13HP and +7lbs. x ft of torque over the stock exhaust system

• Constructed from 2-1/2" mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing

• Includes dual 4-1/2" polished 304 stainless steel clamp-on tips in either stainless or black

• Uses high quality band clamps and OE-style bayonet hangers

• Utilizes all factory mounting locations to provide a quick, hassle-free installation

• Incorporates a mitered merge collector

Flow and Performance:
This MACH Force-Xp exhaust system is 100% hand MIG-welded and constructed of 2-1/2'" mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing for maximum flow. The smooth transition bends allow for low turbulence, increasing horsepower, torque and lowering EGT's. A mitered merge collector is also incorporated to eliminate dead space that can cause turbulence and hinder flow that formed collectors are prone to produce.

Perfect Fit:
This system uses all factory mounting locations providing stability and hassle-free installation. Includes OE-style bayonet hangers which are used to maintain a stable pipe location during high vibration and high heat conditions. The bayonet tip holds the hanger bushing in place for an OE-style fit that does not change with time.

4-1/2" Angle-Cut Rolled Edge Polished Clamp-On Tips:

All aFe exhaust systems are engineered and manufactured in our Corona, California manufacturing facility.

James
RSD

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
sure would like to see some dyno chart/tests - exhaust system "performance gains" have a tendency to be like "CAI" systems; looks great on paper but doesn't deliver ... now that said, i'm not here to trash RSD or anyone - i just would like to see some actual proof that backs up marketing claims. nowadays i'm not sure why vendors don't just do their best to show in action, test results, etc. its not 1980's anymore...we jump on youtube & google and see reviews/tests in action before we spend $$$$.

·
Registered
735 Posts
What about a single out exhaust for guys with those models?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sure would like to see some dyno chart/tests - exhaust system "performance gains" have a tendency to be like "CAI" systems; looks great on paper but doesn't deliver ... now that said, i'm not here to trash RSD or anyone - i just would like to see some actual proof that backs up marketing claims. nowadays i'm not sure why vendors don't just do their best to show in action, test results, etc. its not 1980's anymore...we jump on youtube & google and see reviews/tests in action before we spend $$$$.
No worries, I will be running what we sell once our '14 is ready for pickup. It is a new platform and I'm sure there will be many different aftermarket options available as manufacturers are very interested in the EcoDiesel. Like I've said over the years, if it doesn't perform or work as advertised, we don't push it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would like to see this on the dyno also. 13hp would be impressive from the dpf back. I think they're blowin smoke:D haha

·
Registered
413 Posts
so between this and the cold air intake , your saying we will get 25 HP + 27 lbs TQ ??????

also any better mpg's ????

Thank you
mike

·
Registered
413 Posts
I thought I read some where on this forum that the computer will adjust air and exhaust to keep it in spec, and without a chip or remap , gain's won't be made . please let us no what you find out from manufacture or 3rd party dyno

Reactions: yamaha2000r6

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so between this and the cold air intake , your saying we will get 25 HP + 27 lbs TQ ??????

also any better mpg's ????

Thank you
mike
Hi Mike, no I'm not personally saying that lol. Parleys Diesel in Utah did the R&D and dyno after installing the products for AFE and these are the numbers reported. Is it too early to tell mpg gains, yes, until we get the product in hand and on the road then we will know.

James
RSD

James
RSD

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought I read some where on this forum that the computer will adjust air and exhaust to keep it in spec, and without a chip or remap , gain's won't be made . please let us no what you find out from manufacture or 3rd party dyno
I am not quite sure with the ECM on the 3.0. I know on our 6.7's you can make changes (minus exhaust, needs a tuner) and the ECM does not restrict air or fuel mixture.

I have a tele meeting setup on Monday with AFE so we can ask some questions regarding their testing.

James
RSD

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi Mike, no I'm not personally saying that lol. Parleys Diesel in Utah did the R&D and dyno after installing the products for AFE and these are the numbers reported. Is it too early to tell mpg gains, yes, until we get the product in hand and on the road then we will know.

Jame

James
RSD
Thank you , Keep us posted

mike

Reactions: Rollin Smoke Diesel

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just checked out there website, looks like they have alot of great products and exhausts for the 6.7. Im betting they will make a full exhaust for the ecoD too.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
@RSD - i just wanted to say thank you for your replies. sometimes questions can look like an attack or arguing... you have done a great job of replying in a professional manner and that is really building up a lot of credibility (at least with me). i am waiting on your first hand testing and whatever data you are able to show. if you continue to provide factual answers and there are some positive gains (even if not fully realized like some of the advertising claims) you will get my $$$ when it is time to purchase. thumbs up from here. :cool:

·
Registered
236 Posts
^^^^^what he said!^^^^^

Reactions: Rollin Smoke Diesel

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@RSD - i just wanted to say thank you for your replies. sometimes questions can look like an attack or arguing... you have done a great job of replying in a professional manner and that is really building up a lot of credibility (at least with me). i am waiting on your first hand testing and whatever data you are able to show. if you continue to provide factual answers and there are some positive gains (even if not fully realized like some of the advertising claims) you will get my $$$ when it is time to purchase. thumbs up from here. :cool:
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the words my friend. This is a new platform so we are all learning this together which is great. Most of us know the in's and out's of the light duty engines but this is a new engine to me so I'm really excited to see the potential and to dig in and get my hands dirty on the working side of it.

James
RSD

James
RSD

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the words my friend. This is a new platform so we are all learning this together which is great. Most of us know the in's and out's of the light duty engines but this is a new engine to me so I'm really excited to see the potential and to dig in and get my hands dirty on the working side of it.

James
RSD

James
RSD
Yea, I can't wait to see someone put down 300 horse and 500+ torque... To the wheels.

·
Registered
13,577 Posts
STOP!

Am I reading this right? If I am, I surely want one or will certainly consider one. The problem I see is you keep saying ..."from the DPF back".

Right after the DPF is the DEF. To replace the exhaust from the DPF back would then tell me you have found a way to eliminate the DEF fluid injection/emission system. Yeah, oh yeah yeah!

But is that correct?

In the exhaust you have first the DPF system. Following that is the DEF system. Then there's a big muffler and behind that a smaller resonator.

Just what are you replacing?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
STOP!

Am I reading this right? If I am, I surely want one or will certainly consider one. The problem I see is you keep saying ..."from the DPF back".

Right after the DPF is the DEF. To replace the exhaust from the DPF back would then tell me you have found a way to eliminate the DEF fluid injection/emission system. Yeah, oh yeah yeah!

But is that correct?

In the exhaust you have first the DPF system. Following that is the DEF system. Then there's a big muffler and behind that a smaller resonator.

Just what are you replacing?
No, but after reading your post and smacking myself in the head for simply copying and pasting AFE's press release, we are going to name it filter-back like we do on the 13/14 6.7's. I believe it was just a train of thought after years of saying DPF back (07.5-2012) and only recently in the past years getting urea (filter back systems)

Sorry if I mislead, guilty of being lazy lol.

James
RSD

1 - 20 of 43 Posts