Registered
267 Posts
Looking forward to the video to hear what it sounds like! :D

Reactions: Rollin Smoke Diesel

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hey gang,

AFE EcoDiesel Cold Air Intakes Now Shipping!

I have a Pro Guard 7 for ours that will be in tomorrow and will post pics and thoughts.

Here is the link Rollin Smoke Diesel. AFE

Thanks!
James
RSD
Is there any documentation for the claimed hp and torque increase? I find it hard to believe the claimed numbers are real on an engine with a turbo. Seems to me the Ram and VM Motori engineers will have designed an intake and turbo that complements each other and whatever pressure drop exists on the standard model is offset by added boost. Seems to me a lower restriction wouldn't result in additional boost but just cause the engine control to cut back on the boost to achieve the exact same manifold pressure.

Or, I could be wrong.................. Always willing to listen to facts and sound, well thought out opinions too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any documentation for the claimed hp and torque increase? I find it hard to believe the claimed numbers are real on an engine with a turbo. Seems to me the Ram and VM Motori engineers will have designed an intake and turbo that complements each other and whatever pressure drop exists on the standard model is offset by added boost. Seems to me a lower restriction wouldn't result in additional boost but just cause the engine control to cut back on the boost to achieve the exact same manifold pressure.

Or, I could be wrong.................. Always willing to listen to facts and sound, well thought out opinions too.
Only claims and documentation I have are from the manufacturer as far as hp gains. I am closely watching any fuel mileage gains to compare to what i was averaging before. As with any diesel engine, the more air the better.

James
RSD

·
Registered
34 Posts
James, now that you have the AFE installed for a few weeks have you noticed more power and better fuel mileage? Please give an update.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
James, now that you have the AFE installed for a few weeks have you noticed more power and better fuel mileage? Please give an update.
Hey friend, honestly I can not feel a power difference, if there is you cant notice it by the seat of your pants. Mileage is about the same, but the sound! Love the sound :cool:

James
RSD

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know you did a video from the driver seat taking off, but it is hard to hear the difference and I am sure the video doesn't do it any justice. Can you give us an idea from outside of the truck?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know you did a video from the driver seat taking off, but it is hard to hear the difference and I am sure the video doesn't do it any justice. Can you give us an idea from outside of the truck?
Yes sir, the video does not let you hear the whistle. I'll see if I can post another with the phone in the cab.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Did you ever get around to making another video? I am about to give up on waiting for S&B. I'm 21k miles in and I'm ready for a sound upgrade.

Also will there be a tuner/programmer that'll allow us to adjust the MAF?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just got mine on Friday! Thanks James! I might be buying the cover, the cruising down the hwy at (60mph)/ 2000rpm hiss might get annoying on trips. Fun cruising around though

1 - 20 of 47 Posts