RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

After 3 months of waiting, I find out I'm not getting the right truck!!!

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  drivemagnum 
#1 · (Edited)
Wrong box: 5.7 instead of a 6.4 and a 355 rearend instead of a 392.

Waiting for a call from the dealership...

How many years would I get for walking in and punching my salesman in the head?:mad:

#5 · (Edited)
While I understand your frustrations... and I know I would have been pissed too... It's really your fault. When you order a truck... get the build info, and check it. Never trust the sales man.

When I ordered mine... I had them build it in the system, and give me a print-out before they hit the submit button, just to make sure something like that didn't happen. THEN.... once they hit the submit button, and in was entered... they gave me a new printout with my VON # on the top of it.

IF... you have the printout, and it was right... then something got messed up in production... I would raise hell, and demand a new truck QUICK !! (or a large discount)

I know that's not what you wanted to hear... but it's the truth.

#6 ·
Agreed. My mistake to trust them. We did sit and go over each item. But I should of demanded a build sheet. I will be getting one with the new order they are putting in for me today. $1000 discount and fast tracked.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Not your fault. All I see in this country is people blaming their own incompetence on others. The Liberal way. Like the Kid who drove drunk and killed 4 people. His lawyers claimed "Affluenza" he was so rich he did not know better, or
the banking crisis. Billions in fines, but no one did anything wrong. STOP THE MADNESS, hold people accountable!!!

Reactions: Diesel997
#7 ·
gleb, well $1K is maybe worth waiting for :) especially to get what you want. one of those things that will always nag at you if you had accepted anything else.... this is the first time i've ever 'ordered' a vehicle...and i am a car addict, we are talking a big big big number of cars/trucks/suvs that i have purchased/sold in 20+ years. this time its pretty cool to actually know what shows up on the lot is exactly what i want, no having to pay for an item that i don't care, no waiting for any dealer installed add on, etc.

#8 ·
I was very pleased that my dealer ordered mine the first day he could check the diesel option. Then he contacted me a few weeks later to tell me the Ram computer system left off 4 options I wanted while adding another. He placed another order.
The truck that WOULDA been mine showed up weeks ago and I drove it. I liked the cargo option that had been added and very nearly bought the truck but decided I really wanted the air suspension. I frequently carry some weight and I pull a trailer, so being able to level the load was important.
The truck was built well over a month ago, wasn't shipped for almost 2 weeks, then sat in Fostoria, OH for several weeks and is now in North Carolina. I'm on vacation and sold my old truck before I left, so I hope the thing is there when I get home!

#9 ·
Truck #2 got reordered on the 29th, got my VIN today. ( D Status ) D1 status should happen soon as I'm told.

Truck #1 took approx 7 weeks to get a VIN (Build date April 26th)

How funny would it be if both trucks arrived at the dealer at the same time?? :)

#10 ·
Depends on who placed the order. But IMHO, if it was the salesman, and I was on the jury, you would walk.

Reactions: gleb
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.