RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So attached is the codes I am getting after having the reductor wheel and crank sensor replaced. This truck is deleted and didn't have any of these codes before repairing the issue. Tried removing codes. They come right back. Truck is in limp mode so I can only assume something got plugged in that deals with the emissions system but i am unsure what it could be.. any help

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,582 Posts
Given that P0546 is a temperature circuit High, that would indicate that a sensor is open that the ECM is monitoring. I would like for something not plugged in or a broken plug/sensor/wiring

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That has to do with one of the sensors that monitor exhaust temp. Correct? I have a appointment with a dodge dealership Thursday. I explained to them that is deleted and they agreed to look at it. But i was hoping someone could give me a idea where to start looking, I am not mechanically stupid but also not a master mechanic.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Just slide under and lookup at your pasenger side exhaust manifold at the rear of the engine. Find the egt sensor and follow the wires back it well end up a little bit over the transmission. The connector for that sensor is likely unplugged or it might just not be fully seated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the only thing that really looks out of place.. but i can't figure out where it goes i tried to find it by part number but that didn't help

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,582 Posts
That part number is just for the harness itself, the descriptors for them are usually not to helpful.
You would probably need some way to read the sensor data at the ECU. I think AlfaOBD can but not 100% sure. Have you tried contacting whoever's tune it is?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This all started after having the reductor wheel and the sensor for the cranks shaft replaced. I can only assume that either the place that did this when they put the transmission back in the truck they might have left somethijf disconnected and or plugged something in somewhere where they shouldn't have. But the only other thing I could do is put the original exhaust system under the truck and try to figure out where each thing plugs in at and then go from there, the dealership down the road has told me Thursday they can look at the truck but that's going to be a min of 140 bucks. So trying to figure this out before that...

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Is it not an option to have the shop that replaced the reluctor wheel look at it? It should be on their dime.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i lost faith in their ability to figure out why this is occurring, or I would. I tried to tell them it wasn't right but they literally didn't know what was going on. I made the mistake of bringing this truck to them. Should have just went to the dealer

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel
61 Posts
This is the only thing that really looks out of place.. but i can't figure out where it goes i tried to find it by part number but that didn't help
Hi.
This looks like exhaust temperature sensor. Part# VM 45962156f
The plug for it located right in the cluster of wires coming from passenger side of transmission, where DEF lines quick disconnect is. Sensor itself is screwed in back of the turbo outlet.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel
61 Posts
Mine is deleted too and looks similar to yours from down under
There are 3 more connectors there, O2 sensor, probably DEF injector....just gotta find right connector for EGT sensor...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts