RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer couldn't order mine with the factory air suspension. Has anyone found an aftermarket solution?

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
Some show their air bags on here. Just Google and you will see Firestone and others that are offered. Some have built-in compressors but most are manual only. Far as I know, none offer the automatic features the factory ones have. Of course, for $100 + - aftermarket, it's what you get.

·
Registered
173 Posts
What was the reason they couldn't order it? I ordered it with mine but it showed up without air ride. I still can't get an answer out of anyone as to why . Chrysler customer service is supposed to call me back. The sales manager won't call me back. The salesman just says he doesn't know what happened, Sent me a text saying "sorry about that". I really wanted it for towing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was in a hurry to get to work the day I picked it up. I didn't realize it didn't have it til next morning when I went to check it out. I contacted salesman that morning and told him it was missing he texted me saying he didn't know what happened. After being unable to get calls retuned, I called Chrysler customer service. I work for Mopar so I also contacted the zone office in our building. It was also suggested to me to get the titling process stopped until things were figured out. To make a long story short dealer took the truck back and reordered one with air suspension. That was last Friday. I still don't have a von yet. Dealership was real good about everything after Chrysler contacted them.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Too bad you had to goto the higher ups to get something accomplished, sounds like they wouldn't have done squat before....

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think they were hoping I would just go away. I was starting to think I should just forget it, it was still a nice truck but I really wanted that air ride.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
And you paid what I think the option costs 1500.00(here in canada anyways)....

·
Registered
173 Posts
No, I never got billed for it. I told salesman what I wanted, we went over it a couple of times, I was confident he got everything I wanted. No paperwork was signed at time of order, no deposit was required although I did give him $1000, I should have paid more attention in the build process but I'm currently working 60 plus hours a week and don't have a lot of spare time for anything. The price on the air ride is $1695 msrp, but I believe EP is probably about $1300. Just waiting on the VON. Sales manager did say he would try to put a rush on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
TotalLoadControl™ Air Suspension

I'm with TotalLoadControl.com.

We make a great aftermarket air suspension for 09 and later RAM 1500. (Also 02-13 RAM 2500 and 02-14 RAM 3500). Air suspension for the new RAM 2500 almost ready to be introduced.

We use 9" Goodyear air bags - largest on any 1/2-ton truck. TLC™ bolts-on so easy install and you don't remove the coil spring so you have the factory suspension at all times. TLC adds over 5,000 pounds of lift (but, of course, please never exceed GVWR or GCWR). Basically with TLC, your truck will be level even at the maximum factory weight rating. TLC is patented - only connects at one end - so it does not interfere with the great factory coil spring ride.

I was researching "protection mode" on google and came across your forum.

Hope its OK to post here...guess I'm going to find out!

If you have any questions about TLC for your truck, please let me know.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I'm with TotalLoadControl.com.

We make a great aftermarket air suspension for 09 and later RAM 1500. (Also 02-13 RAM 2500 and 02-14 RAM 3500). Air suspension for the new RAM 2500 almost ready to be introduced.

We use 9" Goodyear air bags - largest on any 1/2-ton truck. TLC™ bolts-on so easy install and you don't remove the coil spring so you have the factory suspension at all times. TLC adds over 5,000 pounds of lift (but, of course, please never exceed GVWR or GCWR). Basically with TLC, your truck will be level even at the maximum factory weight rating. TLC is patented - only connects at one end - so it does not interfere with the great factory coil spring ride.

I was researching "protection mode" on google and came across your forum.

Hope its OK to post here...guess I'm going to find out!

If you have any questions about TLC for your truck, please let me know.
Dude, thank you for the post. I am now going to research your product.

Edit: After looking at your videos, your product doesn't appear to do what I want. That is, replace the rear springs with air bags. Thank you for posting.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Edit: After looking at your videos, your product doesn't appear to do what I want. That is, replace the rear springs with air bags. Thank you for posting.
That would be accomplished with the Hellwig system.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

That would be accomplished with the Hellwig system.
Oops. Missed that. Thx. I likey the looks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just ordered the Total Load Control Air Suspension kit . I'll let you guys know how I like it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well I put my Total Load Control Air Suspension kit on last Thursday it went on real easy. Then I went out of town for the weekend the truck rides real good with 5 lbs. of air with no load . On the way back I hauled a load of field stone for my brother from up north 200 mile trip. Idk how much they weighed but I'm guesting over a 1000 lbs. and I only put 15 lbs. in them to level the truck. It didn't feel like the truck was loaded down. 20140604_170346[1].jpg 20140604_170328[1].jpg 20140604_191503[1].jpg

Reactions: FirstRam
1 - 20 of 31 Posts