·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: parco

·
Registered
177 Posts
Shoot, the hard parts are done. All they have to do is bend and weld tubing to fit the Ram. Did anyone find out if all of trim levels of ED have single exhaust or do some have dual?

·
Registered
75 Posts
SLTs up here have single unless you get the 'decor' package and another member has confirmed the Outdoorsman is single.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Oh lawd!!! 2.5" it's just crazy how small these motors are, the standard for aftermarket diesels is 4" at a minimum and some going to 5 or 6" my HD truck is twice the size of this motor and only puts out 30% more power.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's why I didn't want the decor bumper and got the single exhaust. When ever they make an exhaust minimum 4 inches I'm going to buy it hoping they make a dual system with a 45 degree angle past the rear tires

·
Registered
274 Posts
Highly doubt anyone will make a 4"+ exhaust for this motor. There simply isn't enough exhaust gas flow to warrant one. The cummins is basically twice the size with the same number of cylinders and 4" is standard for performance and 5" doesn't come into play until pushing over 600hp. There will never be a 4" or bigger for these trucks and if someone makes it there won't be any advantage to it, only for looks.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
It looks like the DEF and DPF are up front on the Jeep. On the Ram the DPF is the entire center of the truck bed. That DEF thing is all the way at the rear and there's only a short distance after that to the exhaust end.

I would think that to do duals, unless it was set up that way, would take major modification of the pollution equipment or a complete trashing of it all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have duals on my 15... Probably a single in dual out muffler or something, but it has dual tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts