RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if anyone has posted/installed one of these yet...but i was able to get a replacement rotary shift knob from my local offroad store. Anodized aluminum, knurled, pretty heavy duty. Cost between 40-50 depending on where you get it but I'm told they're hard to find. Its a perfect match to my 2014, I can't imagine it wouldn't fit on anyone elses models. B&M Performance makes it, real easy install. Existing knob turns CCW on the chrome bezel, exposing a torx bolt. Undo said bolt, install new dial, and then cap. Hit me up with any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
I like the knob upgrade. I'd want it without someone's business name on it though. I never understood the need for free advertising.

Reactions: dcchris311

·
Registered
877 Posts
Not sure if anyone has posted/installed one of these yet...but i was able to get a replacement rotary shift knob from my local offroad store. Anodized aluminum, knurled, pretty heavy duty. Cost between 40-50 depending on where you get it but I'm told they're hard to find. Its a perfect match to my 2014, I can't imagine it wouldn't fit on anyone elses models. B&M Performance makes it, real easy install. Existing knob turns CCW on the chrome bezel, exposing a torx bolt. Undo said bolt, install new dial, and then cap. Hit me up with any questions.
Hi: Granite Ram... Looks to me like a solution chasing a problem. I'll wait till mine comes off in my hand before finding another one!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It is a nice looking knob, if a little pricey. For those of us who prefer little to no badging the boldly displayed name and logo are a little too NASCAR. Stay stealthy, low key, low observability and under the radar my friends.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm all about de-badging and having less of the decals than more...so definitely would've preferred if it would've come blank...but...I have mistakenly reached for the gear selector before intending to turn the AC fan lower, so i guess my justification is this should probably keep me from ever doing that again. At the end of the day I liked that it was billet aluminum and I like that it kind of looks like a gear and thought it looked cool (if we're being honest lol)

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm all about de-badging and having less of the decals than more...so definitely would've preferred if it would've come blank...but...I have mistakenly reached for the gear selector before intending to turn the AC fan lower, so i guess my justification is this should probably keep me from ever doing that again. At the end of the day I liked that it was billet aluminum and I like that it kind of looks like a gear and thought it looked cool (if we're being honest lol)
I like that idea. Make the knob distinct from a size, color and feel. Maybe you can remove the lettering or cover it with a nice vinyl color that would enhance the look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts