RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small problem which looks like a trip to the dealership is in order. This weekend water was slowly leaking onto the passenger floor. When I was idling I could hear water gurgling around the glove box area. When turning a hard left turns the sound was like the water was boiling into steam. There must be a reservoir or pan to collect and drain water from the air conditioner condenser and it's not draining properly. System is on Auto and cabin temp is set to 21C(72F)

I have a Laramie Limited, crew cab, 5000km

·
Registered
698 Posts
If it is just water from you AC system it sounds like the drain is plugged up with something. Your excess water from condensation should be dripping out from a drain on the passenger side on the engine compartment firewall.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Had this problem on a 2010 Ford Fusion. The plenum (not sure if it is called this on a vehicle) was not made properly It is fabricated out of aluminum. Two of the sides did not fit together causing condensation to somehow build up and leak on to the passenger floor when turning. Ford fixed it under warranty and the AC has never worked better.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds like a plugged heater core to me. A/C condensation shouldn't be boiling or steamy. You didn't by chance, top of your coolant did you? A clogged heater core is rare on a new vehicle but now a days mixing coolants can cause coagulation. I was told you can only get the purple stuff from the dealer...

·
Registered
63 Posts
my girls durango dumped water on the drivers floor board during cornering. turns out they forgot to connect(or it came off) the AC drain hose. so instead of condensation dripping under the vehicle it pooled and spilled on the floor.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Spiders clogged the drain twice on a Dodge magnum i owned

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is an update on my water problem. Its been at the dealership for two days now. They found the drain hose was not pushed through the firewall. The hose was only up to the insulation. SO water has been leaking into the insulation and onto the floor for about a month now. So, now the passenger seat has been removed and the carpet is out as they are trying to dry everything. Looks like sloppy workmanship at the assembly plant. Other than that; its been a great truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts