RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Air Filter Compatibility Between ED and Ram ?

8K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  blaster668 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the ED shared the air filter with any other RAM truck? I want to by a K&N but they do not make one specifically for the ED yet.

#5 ·
i bought my truck with a k&n filter, and the only way I've found to keep it oiled is to clean & re-oil it every oil change. But your call, some swear by them, but many hate them. I wouldn't have put it on the truck in the first place, but it has over 220k miles and has absolutely 0 blow-by.

#12 ·
I can't find the link now, but I have read an engineering study on aftermarket air filters. Disturbing results for every one they tested showed that the only way to flow more air is to offer less restriction - in other words, don't filter as well as a stock filter. The aftermarket filters also loaded quicker than stock when dust was introduced to the point that shortly after a new filter is installed, it actually flows less air than stock. I'll keep trying to find the study (I think it was on a Cummins forum). I'll NEVER put anything but a stock filter on my truck.

Reactions: redsunBC
#13 ·
Never went wrong with any Amsoil product! GREAT PRODUCTS. I have used their motor oil and filters (and 2 stroke snowmobile injector oil)for 12yrs and go extended intervals and never have had engine issues. Usually 20-25k miles or about once a year. Hardest thing is remembering to check it for level now and again.

Don't tread on me!
MOLON LABE

#14 ·
Reactions: gabriel
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.