RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014, Ram 1500 Eco-diesel, Longhorn Edition, Crew Cab, 4x4.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently told by an acquaintance that there were "locking bars" that could be purchased to "lock" my air ride suspension in the off-road 2 position so I can run 35" tires on my 2014 Longhorn edition 4x4 eco-diesel. I was also told to search this site for them, but have not been able to find the post. Does anyone know of or have any experience in using these bars to lock my air ride in this position. I live in rural, N.E. Nevada, and winters here can get bad depending on the year. I want to be able to run 35" off-road tires in both summer and winter weather. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm not sure about locking bars. I did read someone on this site said you can put your air suspension in offroad2 and then pull the fuse to the air ride. It will then stay in that position until you put the fuse back.

I haven't tried it and dont know if it's true but it certainly would be worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

Reactions: Ecosparky

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, thanks to all who replied to the post... After several days of searching I found the "bars" to lock my air ride into place on my 14 ED on this site. 2013-2015 RAM Adjustable Air Suspension Links For Lifting

They also have different variations for other models with and without air ride.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Have you seen how poor the ride is in OR2? You will need to adjust camber after this mod.

You can program the lift you need by adjusting the computer settings with the AlfaOBD app.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Have you seen how poor the ride is in OR2? You will need to adjust camber after this mod.

You can program the lift you need by adjusting the computer settings with the AlfaOBD app.
Bounty Hunter, where do I find the AlfaOBD app? Is it something from Dodge, I haven't heard of it. The reason why I am looking for something to lock the air ride in place is because I want to throw 35's under the rig and an alignment will definitely be needed after that is done. I've driven my rig in the OR2 position and yes it's not the best. If you can point me in the right direction for the Alfa app it would be awesome.
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Bounty, one other question... Are you able to reset the oil change guage with the AlfaOBD? I didn't see that on the Alfa page.
Yes you can. On the engine computer it's under "Oil change servicing information update".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts