RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 8 months ago I had my air suspension module updated for some RRT. Around that time (give or take a few months) I began to feel what is described as a bump right before the air suspension completes the rise into OR1 or 2 mode. It almost feels as if I have been rear ended at a very slow speed. This is only felt when the vehicle is not moving, if the vehicle is moving i cant feel it. Does anyone else feel anything similar?

I had the 2 safety recalls for airbags done and mentioned this to them, and they couldn't find anything or replicate the issue (because the dyslexic guy at the counter wrote that it only happens while driving). I was able to show them when I arrived and they agreed it did not seem normal.

·
Registered
493 Posts
No issues such as yours flawless up and down both sitting and moving. Now going from entry/exit mode and driving any bumps are rough.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nothing on my 2015 Outdoorsman similar to what you describe. I don't even have the rough spots that people describe driving in Entry/Exit mode.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nothing on my 2015 Outdoorsman similar to what you describe. I don't even have the rough spots that people describe driving in Entry/Exit mode.
Stay in entry/exit mode in a parking lot with a speed bump then speed up over it or try it on a pothole. Only reason I know it rough was out 4 wheeling with family watching wildlife on dirt roads and few pit stops for rest breaks we started back going and few rocky spots bit bumpy.

Most time pulling in and out of the garage or from parking lots zero issues.

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is only felt when the vehicle is not moving, if the vehicle is moving i cant feel it. Does anyone else feel anything similar?
Yes! Since day one of ownership. I thought everyone else had the same issue. I just assumed it was due to changes in the suspension geometry that occur when sitting still (like how if you raise it up parked, the wheels will have some negative camber until you move).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes! Since day one of ownership. I thought everyone else had the same issue.
I see you have a 2014 too. Do you happen to know your if you have ever had any updates to the air suspension module? Or what month your truck was built?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Mine has a little bump when settling into entry/exit. Always assumed it was just the suspension getting towards the more extreme end of its travel range.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I experience a bump only when i have it in R, N, or Drive and stopped with foot on the brake. When in motion, or in Park it's smooth.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I see you have a 2014 too. Do you happen to know your if you have ever had any updates to the air suspension module? Or what month your truck was built?
Picked it up in early-mid July I think, so it would have been a June build.

No updates done that I'm aware of. Only work done that was supension related was for one of the rear shocks with the bad code, no module updates were done along with that I'm aware of then. If there were, they didn't note it on any of the paperwork.

Aside from that, there's just been the radio updates, and one ECM flash very early this year (actually, I belive they did a TCM update too without mentioning it - tranny shifts like ass compared to before anything was messed with). No changes with suspension operation/feel after any of that.

·
Registered
262 Posts
No bump on my '15 Outdoorsman when going in or out of entry/exit mode. Also nothing while driving. I typically let it come out of entry/exit mode by itself when I drive off and unless I'm looking at the dash to see the lights indicating the mode change, I am not even aware that it is raising up.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Laramie Longhorn
2 Posts
About 8 months ago I had my air suspension module updated for some RRT. Around that time (give or take a few months) I began to feel what is described as a bump right before the air suspension completes the rise into OR1 or 2 mode. It almost feels as if I have been rear ended at a very slow speed. This is only felt when the vehicle is not moving, if the vehicle is moving i cant feel it. Does anyone else feel anything similar?

I had the 2 safety recalls for airbags done and mentioned this to them, and they couldn't find anything or replicate the issue (because the dyslexic guy at the counter wrote that it only happens while driving). I was able to show them when I arrived and they agreed it did not seem normal.
I have the same problem and found that it doesn't jerk when you put it in neutral. Its weird because it has nothing to do with the transmission what so ever that I know of but I can be at a light and raise to OR2 and feel almost like a transmission jerk. Not quite sure. No serious problem yet just waiting till something gives since nobody has the same issue.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Mine has done the same thing since new, seems normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts