RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much net weight the factory Air Suspension adds to a 2020 1500 ED?

Or, put another way, how much it reduces the net Payload compared to an identically configured truck w/o the Air Suspension?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Bryan

·
Super Moderator
4,167 Posts
If I had to take a guess, I would say about 100 lbs less for the air suspension. The individual wheel "airbags" are probably close to their coil spring counterparts. That just leaves the compressor and reserve tank.
The weight difference probably not enough to make a decision either way. Go with what you want, keep in mind some people love the air suspension, others hate it equally.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crash68:

Thank you for your reply. That's helpful.

And yes, based on the comments I've read on this Forum, there are those who really like the Air Suspension, and others who don't.

I don't live in an area that experiences many sub-freezing days, and no sub-zero days, so that potential cause of problems is limited.

Cheers,
Bryan

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Find two similar equipped trucks.

Doesn’t matter if they ars gas or diesel.

Then run their vin numbers through rams towing and payload sectio of the website

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Whatever you decide its the option that makes it the best half ton. No other can compare.

That being said, it can talk to big brother. Any warning for exceeding payload can be an issue for a warranty claim. Its not fair, mine would register when trying to release from the ATC. When jacking it up to unhitch the truck would rise up slowly. I found the best way was to go to off-road to clear release from ball. That red flag is stored.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts