RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have had our 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel for just over a year. It was serviced in Jan/Feb for a service code because the air suspension wasn't working. Now it is doing the exact same thing, works intermittently and the dealership just told us that they see the non-active codes it threw a week ago but because they aren't active now they can't do any warranty work. They took it for a drive and apparently it worked perfectly fine for them. We get the truck back Thursday after having to pay the diagnostic fee. Go out today sit in truck, says it is in Offroad 1, start driving and low and behold look we are on the bump stocks. What is the point of a warranty if they won't do anything until there is a code?

Anyone know how to trigger a damn code so I can get this POS suspension fixed, we are getting extremely pissed off and the dealership we deal with are basically just saying deal with it. So frustrated with our truck but it is only the air suspension, we love everything else about it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is another Dodge/Chrysler dealership in town but generally our dealerships don't like dealing with vehicles that weren't bought there.

The dealership we used said that the Dodge warranty is the issue and that they won't allow for parts to be installed without an active code.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,487 Posts
Unplug one of the ride height sensors? Or something on the compressor module?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trying to find documentation on it, I am by no means a hobby mechanic unfortunately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts