RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '16 Laramie has that left lean that is common to more than a few trucks with the air suspension. Mine is worse with a full tank of fuel but still has a little lean without all the added fuel weight.

I took this screen shot with the AlfaOBD app, demo version. It does look like I might be able to calibrate each corner of the suspension myself if I buck up for the $49 AlfaOBD app. Any input on these suspension readings would be appreciated.
AlfaOBD_Demo[1].jpg

Reactions: mikec_rebel

·
Registered
410 Posts
Funny you post this now - just the other day I noticed the left lean again and it seemed a little more pronounced than before. Could be my imagination.

I'd much rather calibrate the air suspension electronically than use the adjustable links. I know the links aren't difficult to install and adjust but still - on a snowy winter day I'd rather plug into the OBDII port and adjust the suspension than not.

Subscribed to learn more...

Bob

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
My '16 Laramie has that left lean that is common to more than a few trucks with the air suspension. Mine is worse with a full tank of fuel but still has a little lean without all the added fuel weight.

I took this screen shot with the AlfaOBD app, demo version. It does look like I might be able to calibrate each corner of the suspension myself if I buck up for the $49 AlfaOBD app. Any input on these suspension readings would be appreciated.
View attachment 75532
I have had some luck solving this by raising the truck step by step up to offroad 2 then lowering it step by step to entry/exit then raising it directly to offroad 2 then lowering it to normal. I have a plumb level slab in my garage that I can park on and it seems to correct any lean based upon measurement. Perhaps it does some internal recalibration. I am not sure there is any real technical support for this procedure but it has worked for me twice in my 73,000 or so miles.

Give it a try, all it costs is a few tablespoons of fuel while idling to do so.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am starting also to have some problems with my air suspension....The driver front is 1/2 inch lower.

@ Bounty Hunter:
Have you been able to fix that with the AlfaABD app?

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am starting also to have some problems with my air suspension....The driver front is 1/2 inch lower.

@ Bounty Hunter:
Have you been able to fix that with the AlfaABD app?
I have the full version of the app but haven't messed with it yet.

Reactions: mikec_rebel

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Not just air suspension trucks either. My '15 doesn't have air ride and the truck sits a little lower on driver side front and a little over and inch lower on the driver side rear with a full tank of fuel.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Mine was leaning left - could really tell when driving on the highway, as the steering wheel needed to be turned to the right - maybe a 1/4 to keep the truck straight. However I also had a bunch of errors that would appear, RE: Air Suspension. Turns out my Compressor had a leak - once that was replaced, it seems to be back to normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts