RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought this truck, the air suspension would drop with the engine OFF.
Now it doesn't work from the remote at all, and only works from the dashboard if the engine is running. Ram customer service claims it's not supposed to work with the engine off (no comment on failure to work from the remote even if it's running).
So those of you with the air suspension, does yours work if the engine is off?
Also those of you who have had the emissions modification done - did it hurt your fuel economy? Ram claims it won't but I've heard otherwise.
I've got an appt to get the emissions mod on Tuesday and would like to know beforehand about experience by others.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
The air suspension on my '16 works with the remote and often adjusts itself when the truck is turned off. I believe it only works from the dash with the truck running or key in run position.

Sounds like your dealer is giving the typical brush-off to avoid responsibility.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's RAM's customer care dept that's telling me this. The guy even read a quote he said was from the manual but I can't find any such info in mine - in fact, mine doesn't even refer to remote operation or say the engine does or doesn't need to be running.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It should drop with the entry/exit button on the key fob. My dash controls work with the ignition on, but i often see 'battery low' and the air suspension stops working until I turn the truck on.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
It should drop with the entry/exit button on the key fob. My dash controls work with the ignition on, but i often see 'battery low' and the air suspension stops working until I turn the truck on.
Time for a new battery or else give the one you have a good charge to fill it back up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't believe my air suspension if malfunctioning at all. Here's as much details about how mine performs:

1- The key fob will put it into entry/exit mode if the doors and hood is closed. The tailgate can be in any position.
2- The truck will allow a change into Off road 1, and Off road 2 while running, or in ignition regardless of if the doors are open.
3- The truck will not lower whatsoever if the doors are open.

Does everyone else's do the same things?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I don't believe my air suspension if malfunctioning at all. Here's as much details about how mine performs:

1- The key fob will put it into entry/exit mode if the doors and hood is closed. The tailgate can be in any position.
2- The truck will allow a change into Off road 1, and Off road 2 while running, or in ignition regardless of if the doors are open.

Its not supposed to lower if the hood or cab door is open for safety reasons. Truck has no way to know if the tailgate is open or closed so that wont effect it.

·
Registered
67 Posts

#1 & #3 definitely work on my '14. Mine will adjust with engine off if i hit inside button without opening door & if enough juice from battery. I can also hit keyfob to lower outside of vehicle. Never tried #2.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Love my air suspension! Agree with what others have posted. I sometimes get the battery low message when raising / lowering with engine off. This mostly happens in the winter.

Try using your remote while you're standing next to the truck and can see the dash. If a low battery is the issue, you'll see a "Low Battery" message appear as you look at the dash from outside the truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts