RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is trying to order a Laramie ED Quad Cab for me. The "system" will not let them select the air suspension option. He even cancelled the original order and tried again with no options selected to eliminate the possibility that a conflict with some other option was preventing selection of air suspension.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Double check and make sure that your dealer is marking it as a "sold" unit vs. a unit for the lot. If he doesn't mark it as a sold customer unit could be running into an allocation issue for that specific dealer.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today the dealer told me that the regional rep says no air suspension on quad cabs, crew cabs only. Regional rep also told him air suspension may not be available at all on 2015's due to "low demand"? I'm thinking they want to sell me a 2014 w/o air suspension and don't want me ordering a 2015 so I can get what I want. I already told them about the sold vehicle issue, so that should not be preventing this order.

Now I'm trying to decide how bad I want the air suspension vs how much I don't need the extra room (size) of the Crew Cab. Interesting to note that a Crew Cab with 5'7" box has a payload 40# higher than a Quad Cab with a 6'5" box.

Any other recent purchases of a Quad Cab with Air Suspension other than denndoc above?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Airsuspension ride is second to none.....if you want it i would say hold out or order a crew....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Air suspension will make my payload higher but I'm not reading what it says. I started out looking at a quad and then changed because I figured the price difference would be a wash when traded off. Build em and check the prices and incentives on true car. And I've had to many trucks to ever be able to stand a 5'7 bed.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love the air suspension. The versatility is unsurpassed. Discontinuing it would be a mistake. Compared to what an aftermarket kit would cost it is a great deal.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just ordered yesterday... No mention of problems with air suspension, but they did say that the side steps would be a two week delay, so we decided to deal with them at the dealer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I tried to order air suspension on my Laramie crew cab on the first batch of orders and was told the same thing. Not available at that time. I had to wait almost a month before my salesman called and said they were able to place orders for air suspension. I have had my tuck now for 3 weeks and the air suspension is definitely worth it. I would not order this truck without. If it means moving from a quad cab to crew, its a no brainer for me

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was dead set against air suspension... I know the ride is better, and overall leveling, and versatility.. my read was, it's another system to go wrong / fail.

Looks like you fellows with air suspension, really like it, and would not have the truck any other way.

Is the air suspension really that good ?

Perhaps I will reconsider.

Marsman

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ya it really is....drive one or if you can borrow one and use it...

Reactions: Izzy

·
Registered
255 Posts
What did you end up doing with your order? I'm having the same issue. Finally found a dealer willing to place an order only to be told that I couldn't get the quad cab with air sus. They even tried ordering in crew and couldn't select the air ride option. I'm bummed out. Got to test an E D with air and loved it, the truck I drove was not configured the way I want. for 40k + I want what I want!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ended up ordering a Quad Cab Laramie without air suspension. I drove a Big Horn without air suspension and was very pleased with how smooth it rode. But I'm coming out of a Ram 3500 dually so I'm easily impressed. I only tow a few times a year - boat to the marina in the spring, home in the fall; small cargo (motorcycle) trailer to Florida in the fall, home in the spring. So the auto leveling feature of the air ride would be nice, but I don't think I'll miss it $1700 worth. I may get the $100 Air-Lift air bags for the rear springs if the truck sags too much with the boat hitched up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts