RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I do not have the factory air suspension on my truck but was very interested because I drive off highway a lot but like the idea of aero mode for efficiency. I usually put a level kit on my trucks and the first thing you do is get an alignment.
My question is, How does the front end of the air suspension compensate for the difference in ride height and therefore, the camber of the tire on the road?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Not sure, but there is mention of "alignment mode" for the air suspension in the owner's manual. You have to activate to get an accurate alignment, from the way I read it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm guessing that mode sets the alignment in the best overall position and the movement from there is within allowances for driving. The range will driving at speed is fairly small, aero drops it .5-.75" and the off-road heights and entry/exit modes get locked out over 20 mph so you aren't out of alignment for most of the driving at highway speeds.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would assume they alight the truck in drive mode. Off road mode your alignment might be off some but it don't matter that much at mid speed in the dirt

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take it the truck will not operate in off road mode 1 or 2 while at highway speed???? if so what is the speed at which it drops to normal?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Off Road 1 (raises 1") can be activated below 35 mph, if you go 40-50 for 20 seconds or go over 50 it will drop to regular ride height.

Off Road 2 (raises 2") can be activated below 20 mph, if you over over 25 it will drop to regualr ride height automatically.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I went with the option more for loading/unloading and aero mode than off roading, the most it will see is the grass/clay at the track or a boy scout camp. No way I wanted side steps and the entry mode is a great height for me to not wear the seat edges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts