RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by my local dealer parts department to purchase replacement OEM wiper blades. The originals lasted 3 years and 200,000 kms. The parts dept employee said "you didnt hear it from me but keep your receipt and make sure you bring these back within the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty for a replacement set". Cant beat that!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I guess if the dealer is that close and you don't mind going there for blades that might cost $5 and be delivered to your door. I just don't see the cost/benefit of getting blades at the dealer.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess if the dealer is that close and you don't mind going there for blades that might cost $5 and be delivered to your door. I just don't see the cost/benefit of getting blades at the dealer.
I only use the OEM blades on my Ram. I prefer the design, look and performance. $5 blades are not available in Canada.

·
Registered
725 Posts
$5 blades are not available period.
Really? I'm pretty sure I got mine for $5 with an instant manufacturer rebate but I'll have to take a picture next time I see them. Either way, even if they were $10 each, I still wouldn't go to the dealer but again, that's me.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Really? I'm pretty sure I got mine for $5 with an instant manufacturer rebate but I'll have to take a picture next time I see them. Either way, even if they were $10 each, I still wouldn't go to the dealer but again, that's me.
Oh I ain't going to the dealer either. I just bought wipers, $29.99 each. They're excellent, overpriced I admit, but excellent.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The bi-annual Love Bug invasion here in Florida creates 'smashed bug guts' so acidic it eats paint and rubber wiper blades. Not possible to last 2 years here. I for one do buy the Bosch ICON blades however may try the Envision next go around jsintx.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
...I will add that at least the Love Bugs 'die happy' when they hit the windshield... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
884 Posts
The bi-annual Love Bug invasion here in Florida creates 'smashed bug guts' so acidic it eats paint and rubber wiper blades. Not possible to last 2 years here. I for one do buy the Bosch ICON blades however may try the Envision next go around jsintx.
You may be inclined to do a weekly rub down of silicone to extend the wiper lives, protect against the love bug destruction, and help with UV protection.

Back before my kids arrived and I had the energy to maintain a vehicle properly, I would rotate winter/summer wiper blades. When it was time to swap, I would spray down the pair to be shelved with silicone and seal up in Saran Wrap. I could go 3 seasons on a set...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
I usually use ICON's, this is my first pair of Envisions. I'd be happy to stay with the ICON's too, they are fantastic, but the Envision seem every bit as good so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts