RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a little more advanced obd plug to try more options with alfaobd. My truck is a 2017 bighorn.

Successfully able to:
Enable global windows down
Turn on fogs as DRL
Get srt to display on radio screen

I have also turned on performance shift enable which seems to have changed shift points.

Also turned acceleration factor from 05 to 075 which has seemed to help throttle lag enough that I'd say it's close to "fixed".

Can we make a post to track what works and what doesnt?

Also anybody else with alfaobd make those changes (trans and accel factor) and see if they feel like it made a difference to them also?

There is another which is acceleration threshold which is set to 480 from the factory which is the highest number. Not sure if going lower will make accel lag better or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bgbdwlf2500, Are those settings in the BCM, ECM, or TCM?
Body control, then scroll all the way down and theres something down there that says something like vehicle configuration. That opens another massive menu, in that menu (not too far down) are the options I've mentioned. I turned performance shift enable to "on" and changed accel factor from factory 05 to 075 or whatever it is. It's the "highest" setting.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So after actually having a chance to drive the truck today, I feel like the pedal feel is better, would I like a little more? Sure. Trans shift points seem to be held a little longer and it seems quicker to down shift. The odd thing I noticed were the temps in the pics. Trans temp has never stayed that low. Later on in the trip it did finally manage to get up to where I'm used to it being but it took a long time. Also oil temp and coolant temp were a few degrees cooler than normal and stayed there. Not sure what I've changed to do that. I know theres an option to open and close the shutters and I'm pretty sure I did hit the open option but it shouldnt have stayed like that.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
You can't make any sound judgement off a change of only a few degrees.

Thanks for reporting your changes using AlfaOBD. Powerful tool.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can't make any sound judgement off a change of only a few degrees.

Thanks for reporting your changes using AlfaOBD. Powerful tool.
Yeah theres definitely a lot of changes that can be made. Was hoping for a little more input on changes that worked for others.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Yeah theres definitely a lot of changes that can be made. Was hoping for a little more input on changes that worked for others.
Based only on forum posts, I haven't seen wide use of the app on here yet. I've seen more on other forums.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Being an Apple product user only, which android device would you recommend I pickup to use a device with Alfaobd? I don’t need another phone, and a small tablet sounds like just the ticket. How about a small Windows laptop?
I would just get an android tablet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts