RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
So I just verified, this setting does not exist on my 2015. Perhaps it due to the year or the cluster being the base / tradesman type? Ive even looked elsewhere for it but so far I've had no luck.
How far in the menus did you get before an option was not available?

Have you updated your AlfaOBD lately? I made this change to a 2018, just looked and appears to be an option when selecting the 2016 body computer as well.

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
I have the latest version
2.2.3.0 other options were listed in the same category just not that one.
I don't see it on mine for the '15 body computer, must be an option beginning in '16. Explains why GDE stated it can't be done on the '15.

Reactions: Augiedoggy

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have the option in the body computer in my 2016. I turned it on but when I go into the evic settings thru the steering wheel, I am not finding any option that says anything about the gear display.
I think this option is only there in the gen5 evic.

·
Premium Member
5,469 Posts
I have the option in the body computer in my 2016. I turned it on but when I go into the evic settings thru the steering wheel, I am not finding any option that says anything about the gear display.
I think this option is only there in the gen5 evic.
I don't believe the '18 I did this to is a Gen5 Evic, and the only step I did was change the setting in the body computer. Worked well.

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,206 Posts
^^^^^ Same on my 2016 (October 2015 build)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
appears loaded but not displaying the current gear when in D. What am I missing?

Rectangle Font Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile device

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Maybe, but if it didn't work I'd hope Alfa OBD would not offer the modification in the app. Any additional help much appreciated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Maybe, but if it didn't work I'd hope Alfa OBD would not offer the modification in the app. Any additional help much appreciated.
There are a ton of settings and features that only work on certian hardware platforms and configurations. Adding dynamic lines to the camera for example is there but does not work with aftermarket cameras.

Perhaps someone will figure out how to make it work as it may be dependant on another setting

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I understand and appreciate your comments. Anyone with a 2017 have success with this procedure?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
bump...anyone with a 2017 who has successfully done this mod?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts