RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Almost out of warranty

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  rustydusty1717 
#1 ·
I must ssy its bern a great 2 years almost out of warranty. Truck on its 3rd engine. Not my driving habits ad bought that way. Now tuned stage 1 and 52k miles. 2 months and parking her during the week.. Diesel almost 50 percent more than gas in Florida.

#2 ·
Canadian warranties suck in comparison. I was out of emissions warranty 14 months after driving it off the dealer lot when the EGR cooler failed.
Then drivetrain expired another 4 months later when I hit 62,000 miles or 100,000kms.
However, the truck has been good to me with 282,000 kms now.

#3 ·
Do you use Mudflap and or Gasbuddy. I just looked north Florida off I-75 its 4.29 for diesel 2.85 at the same stop for gas. Honestly they should both be around the 2.85. Maybe after this administration different political objectives will bring it back to more traditional pricing.

Reactions: biodiesel
#6 ·
Sometimes I go to stations because Gas Buddy showed me an attractive price. Actually quite often the price is way higher than Gas Buddy says. Sadly, that has burned me all too often.

Reason I mentioned that is it would be rare to find a diesel stop anywhere near any major interstate in Florida with diesel less than $4.50 a gallon. I sympathize with anyone who mostly runs around here, doesn't tow much and has a diesel. Gas near me is now UNDER $3 a gallon. Diesel is still way up.

• Angry
Reactions: keiths487too
#8 ·
VernDiesel. I am on Florida. I bought my truck in 2020. Diesel was 30 cents more per gallon. Now its close to 1.70 more a gallon. Paid 4.59 a gallon today. It's my daily driver. I commute 70 miles a day. Most weekends pulling either a boat or Atvs and travel trailer. I spend around 150 a week in Diesel. Come March my 2 year unlimited mile warranty is up on my engine. I will then drive a Toyota to commute to work. Right now just stacking on miles. I will hit about 56k miles in 2 years. With a good amount spent towing. I have noticed in different countries I have visited Mexico Hondorus Costa Rica Columbia Hati Bahamas and others I can't remember but the majority of vehicles there are Diesel. Its intersting to see all the newer cars and trucks that have Diesels and aren't allowed in the states

#9 ·
VernDiesel. I am on Florida. I bought my truck in 2020. Diesel was 30 cents more per gallon. Now its close to 1.70 more a gallon. Paid 4.59 a gallon today. It's my daily driver. I commute 70 miles a day. Most weekends pulling either a boat or Atvs and travel trailer. I spend around 150 a week in Diesel. Come March my 2 year unlimited mile warranty is up on my engine. I will then drive a Toyota to commute to work. Right now just stacking on miles. I will hit about 56k miles in 2 years. With a good amount spent towing. I have noticed in different countries I have visited Mexico Hondorus Costa Rica Columbia Hati Bahamas and others I can't remember but the majority of vehicles there are Diesel. Its intersting to see all the newer cars and trucks that have Diesels and aren't allowed in the states
the US and the "Powers to be" have never wanted diesel in this country 😢 I have always heard and read about the trucks and cars that are in SA, but just try to get one of them here, had always been intrigued with a diesel ranger for hauling junk and longer commutes to job sites (would be very handy and practical)

One thing I "blame" our countries disdain with diesel vehicles is because of the early offerings, I've had 2.5 that I didn't really care for, a 79 Oldsmobile cutlass, this was the "half":oops: (turd, and it was even brown😬) and a 85 chevy pu, a ford with the early 7.3 non-turbo, these should have been enough to discourage anybody, but not me😂😂😂, but convincing people that the new modern diesels are fantastic is a daunting task, me I love'em, outside the stupid fuel prices everything I own would be diesel;):unsure:

Reactions: biodiesel
#12 ·
What year is your truck? Just curious if you are running a Gen2 or Gen3. You posted in the Gen3 section and as far as I know we haven't heard from a single Gen3 engine failure. Plenty of Gen2 failures though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.