1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
39 Posts
Almost purchased , I would like to add the Stainless Steel trim pack but do not see that option available
Can you add that?
Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm having the plug-n-play installed as soon as I receive the truck. Does anyone have any experience with these things in Winter driving conditions? Do they ice up and if they do and are stuck, does it blow a fuse or what??

·
Registered
267 Posts
I ordered my set from RSD on Nov 3, they were delivered to my house here in Texas the next day! Very impressed with the prompt shipping! The plug in play was worth the wait, made the install relatively painless. I love the powered and lighted steps! They get lots of attention and compliments. @coloram yesterday we had a snow/ice storm here and i can report i had no issues with them not deploying, After some highway driving the steps were completely covered in ice but broke free of the ice when i opened the door to get out. The steps were slippery from being covered in ice, but no problems with movement so far, the arm brackets broke free the being encased in 1/4-1/2" of ice seeming easily. I'm driving to Colorado Springs tomorrow, i'll update if i experience any trouble with the steps on the trip.

·
Registered
187 Posts
TexasRam; Thx - we're heading to El Paso early next week in a brand new truck! This time of year we've hit ice and snow in big gulps at Raton Pass, Las Vegas NM, Santa Fe and ABQ. Drive safe!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine iced up real good. My passenger one broke free on the first go, but the drivers was stuck after about an hours drive through wet roads that froze on the truck. Later that day the drivers broke free with no ill effect. It produced an impressive pile of ice.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have any of you guys installed these on trucks that came with factory steps? Can you utilize the factory drilled holes or do you have to drill new ones?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Update: I just came in from finishing up the install of my steps. This kit is a very well engineered and thought out! My truck, a 2014 Laramie already had the holes in the rocker that would otherwise require The Templates. Made it that much easier and faster. From drilling the pop rivet holes to install the rivet nuts, very straight forward. The only issue I had was this: On the passenger side, I experienced the running board being trapped by the edge of the pinch weld area up and down the length of the running board when it closed. Therefore it wouldn't open back up. After doing some local trimming.it operates fine, no issues. The driver side had none of these issues. This isn't an issue with Amp Research at all. It's a Ram deal. Am I happy with the kit and money spent?? VERY much so! Rollin Smoke Diesel is a class act also! Quick shipping Buddy! Thankyou! Oh yeah, The Plug N Play option? Very nice as it leaves your OBD2 Port available for what it's intended for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts