RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my second back surgery this winter it didn't take long after lifting my Husky Centerline hitch head for the first time this spring to realize I had to change to a different WDH. I've been thinking about the Anderson for a long time and after nearly popping my stitches while camping last weekend I pulled the trigger on the Anderson. Surprisingly it was in stock and shipped directly from Anderson in Idaho and got to my place in two days.

There are a number of you here who are wondering why I didn't just by the Anderson way back when and have posted all the positives about the hitch so I'm not going to restate all the pluses - but I AM going to say you were right. We have a 29 foot TT that comes in at about 6500 to 6700 pounds depending on how long of a trip we're on. I set up the Anderson and trailer yesterday following the instructions and installation video - nothing special. I have 6 threads showing on the chains or 4 turns with the socket. I took the rig to the CAT scale after I finished and the Anderson not only distributed the weight beautifully, it ADDED 100 pounds to the front axle of my truck. I was NOT expecting that! So I backed off to 5 threads but I know I have plenty of leeway for trips where the trailer is loaded heavier for long camping trips.

In short, I love this hitch not only for it's performance but because it's so bloody light - my back should survive lifting this hitch just fine. On the highway to and from the CAT scale I got a chance to test the anti-sway performance since there were significant cross winds from both sides. The Anderson performed just as well as the Husky. The Anderson is a winner in my book.

By the way, if you'd like a Husky it's free to a good home ;-)

Bob

·
Registered
156 Posts
Best wishes with your back surgery, I've been through 2 myself, both lower L-4 to S-1 the second time and damage has re-occured. the dr's want to now redo the the last surgery & add L-5 and stabilize from T-10 through S-1 & fuse the SI joints, I coudn't find any peace in having the surgery so I'm waiting. Best wishes my friend.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best wishes with your back surgery, I've been through 2 myself, both lower L-4 to S-1 the second time and damage has re-occured. the dr's want to now redo the the last surgery & add L-5 and stabilize from T-10 through S-1 & fuse the SI joints, I coudn't find any peace in having the surgery so I'm waiting. Best wishes my friend.
I feel for ya brother. This second one was a do-over for L-4/L-5, taking out more disc that was pressuring the nerves in my right leg. I was going numb and was walking like I didn't know my leg was there - which I guess half the time I didn't. No talk of fusion... Yet.

It's all about finding the right surgeon, isn't it? A couple of friends have had back surgeries and I swear their doc messed them up more instead of making things better. Ugh.

Hang in there!

Bob

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good! I really like the fast foot also. I have one on my TT.
That little device is awesome, isn't it? On those sloping campsites it's nice to have the foot on there to help with leveling.

I was going to say something about the advantages of extra length, but... ;)

Bob

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
I've been very happy with my Andersen for several years now. They even upgraded me to the latest design hitch at no cost to me. Winning.

Reactions: TwoBobs
1 - 6 of 6 Posts