RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ye ole Eco Diesel hit 400,000 miles yesterday coming home. Truck has 771,000 miles. Talked to James he has 428,000 on his. She took a 6,500 pound 27' floorplan Airstream from Ohio to Cali. This time I was coming home empty so I was babying her as usual.

44E1A0B0-185C-4A73-BD1E-477E2EAFD778.jpeg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ye ole Eco Diesel hits 400,000 miles yesterday coming home. Truck has 771,000 miles. Talked to James he has 428,000 on his. She took a 6,500 pound 27' floorplan Airstream from Ohio to Cali. This time I was coming home empty so I was babying her as usual.

View attachment 88856
Confused by the mileage displayed and the cel/abs codes.

BUT if this is 700,000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,856 Posts
I'm guessing your just holding the pedal to the floor and letting the speed limiter take over..lol

@Brokedownbutgood your truck can't power up over 100 mph in 8th? From a 70 roll mine won't drop out of 8th unless I stomp on it

·
Super Moderator
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speed limiter cruise control.. I get em confused:LOL:

The original odometer stopped working at 1 million kilometers or 621,371.9 miles as they all do. Cheap junk lol. Or design flaw like our crank harmonics around 1,300 rpms.:p

·
Registered
13,835 Posts
Impressive. That's about the same speed mine would go.

The fuel issue is interesting. Guessing you have a second tank, if not, you probably had a long push or the gauge is broken. Keep on "truckin'".

·
Registered
211 Posts
Very nice, Vern! You are proof that these little beasts are truly useful, and tough as nails when treated right!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hahahaha! Once hit 112 and found the governor running with a Mustang and Camaro on a desolate stretch of I-95...you were close! My take away being 'briefly' hitting 100 coming home from the Daytona 500 (499 this year) occurred in a motor 'just broke in' at 227,500!

Additionally, glad to see I'm not the only 'irresponsible owner' running the fuel gauge to the red bar stressing the fuel pump LmAo.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Had mine over 100 2 times. One was not in 8th as the RPM's were HIGH the other was just easing down I-10 headed to louisiana.... both times my wife was hitting me with something lol

Good work vern... im at a 1/4 of the miles you have on your second motor haha

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,856 Posts
Never tried to slowly roll into it to get there only time I do 80 + is if im passing which I like to do quickly.
I wouldn't say I roll it slowly to get there, like you it's because I'm passing someone. I would say it's a very spirited acceleration along with the speedo and boost gauge racing to see who maxes out first..lol
I rarely have mashed the pedal WOT.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Vern, you still remain the champ. Not sure anyone will ever match your record, James is sure trying. Congratulations again!

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi: VernDiesel... Aah... the open road and lit up like a Christmas tree!!! Not a fuel stop in site and 107 on the clock!!! Way to GO!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts