RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Lol the windshield pic was deceiving. A gas station was a few miles up. Think I got down to like 30 miles from empty.

Reactions: TwoBobs and KRom

·
Super Moderator
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
73BFC75C-DD19-42BF-B552-EB5FC380ABA4.jpeg

This is a 45 gallon transfer tank that takes up 9” of floor space effectively leaving me with a 5’7” bed like a crew cab truck. Mostly means I have to load tailgate down more and use the 12” receiver extension if I have to tow a trailer with it down.

Below the black plastic covered box is my 3,500 watt generator. Tools & ratchet straps etc with WDH in the Stanley water tight tool box. Reflective triangles in the red box.

57693C07-B879-4C66-89B2-1FD58FA59D5D.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It looks like it might be but I’m not for sure anymore. Took that pic a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Polymers

·
Registered
623 Posts
Too bad most of our roads around Vancouver are only good for 100 km/hr. 400k miles out of small diesel is no easy feat. Keep Truckin..

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Gotta get GDE to raise the speedlimiter, hehe. I raised it on my 2005 Ram hemi Thunder Road to 140. I'd bet she'd go a mite faster, 120 maybe. Had the hemi to 135 once.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Gotta get GDE to raise the speedlimiter, hehe. I raised it on my 2005 Ram hemi Thunder Road to 140. I'd bet she'd go a mite faster, 120 maybe. Had the hemi to 135 once.
Funny, I actually called them that day to inquire about the governor since the truck was still climbing at a surprising rate, felt like my old Mark VIII governed at 131, He said they could but then it gets into the possibility of tearing up other things like the rear end gears, transfer-case, pulleys etc.

My original hope buying the truck new was 10 years/350,000 miles...thank you Vern and James as w/o question I have zero doubt that is very doable. If she blows tomorrow...owes me zero and I'll will find another.

Heading back down to Daytona tomorrow for the 253 road course race. Another 2 hour run with the cruise set at 80-85 on I-95 flowing w/ traffic...she has always liked to run...(y)🤣.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Funny, I actually called them that day to inquire about the governor since the truck was still climbing at a surprising rate, felt like my old Mark VIII governed at 131, He said they could but then it gets into the possibility of tearing up other things like the rear end gears, transfer-case, pulleys etc.

My original hope buying the truck new was 10 years/350,000 miles...thank you Vern and James as w/o question I have zero doubt that is very doable. If she blows tomorrow...owes me zero and I'll will find another.

Heading back down to Daytona tomorrow for the 253 road course race. Another 2 hour run with the cruise set at 80-85 on I-95 flowing w/ traffic...she has always liked to run...(y)🤣.
Eastbound now watch Ol' Bandit aka Shawclan5 run :LOL:

Reactions: shawclan5

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Eastbound now watch Ol' Bandit aka Shawclan5 run :LOL:
OMG exactly how my analogy to others 🤣 🤣 🤣 . The TA remains my fav all time! Even recreated the 'truck version' of Bandit's TA. Thankfully Bufford T. Justice and Dummy were not hiding in the Southern Yellow Pines that day..LmAo.

Attachments

Reactions: TwoBobs

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
@VernDiesel assuming you were pegged at 107 with a 3.92 and I was at 112 with a 3.55...Seems when members ask 'what is the difference between 3.55 v. 3,92?' we can now add 5mph at the top end hahahahahahaha!

·
Registered
478 Posts
@VernDiesel each time you give us an update I fall in love with my truck even more - and I have the confidence that with diligent maintenance and no fear of working the truck hard it'll last me longer than I'll probably need it.

We just finalized details on our "long" camping trip this summer - 2 weeks and about 2500 miles. Imagine during busy season you do that every week. But we're really looking forward to the ED towing our travel trailer all over the mid-south and midwest.

And to think... I'm only 640,000 miles behind you :ROFLMAO: Congrats on achieving these milestones!(y)

Bob

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
OMG exactly how my analogy to others 🤣 🤣 🤣 . The TA remains my fav all time! Even recreated the 'truck version' of Bandit's TA. Thankfully Bufford T. Justice and Dummy were not hiding in the Southern Yellow Pines that day..LmAo.
Thats a good lookin' rig, I guess it won't be long before you get that Screaming Chicken on the hood :LOL:

How bout' this a GMC Diablo to go with your 'Diablo' sandwich from a roadside greasy spoon.......🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: shawclan5

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I'm guessing that if you did run out of fuel , you were going fast enough to coast the 30 miles to the station! :LOL:

I will never get close to that many miles, 55k on my 2015 but as others have said it's so great to see the type of mileage these trucks will hold up to! Mine will outlast me for sure.

Thanks for the updates.

·
Super Moderator
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Shawclan not sure how you got 112 mph. I thought all regardless of gear are governed at 106. Dunno. Believe it was Keith at GDE told me the speed limiter isn't in the ECM its in the other control module with the radio and HVAC etc. 106 is plenty fast in a pick up. Mine rarely sees more than 85. Lol but I do like that the other newer 1/2 ton pick ups or so I've read are limited at 99 so we would pass them. :LOL: Friend says his 19 2500 Cummins goes 102.

Reactions: MR. TED

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Shawclan not sure how you got 112 mph. I thought all regardless of gear are governed at 106. Dunno. Believe it was Keith at GDE told me the speed limiter isn't in the ECM its in the other control module with the radio and HVAC etc. 106 is plenty fast in a pick up. Mine rarely sees more than 85. Lol but I do like that the other newer 1/2 ton pick ups or so I've read are limited at 99 so we would pass them. :LOL: Friend says his 19 2500 Cummins goes 102.
My 2016 Eco is 106 mph
My 2020 3500 6.7 HO is 102 mph
My Eco can outrun my Cummins :ROFLMAO:

21 - 40 of 69 Posts