RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was able to test drive the truck today and get the trans temp up to 66c or so. It was still ready high so I indeed have to drain a litre or so. But, good news. The code cleared itself, on a 28 mile test run it shifted up and down just fine. No slipping or shuddering to be had.

I will continue to update but thus far, no issues. So that ends part one of "can you run maxlife lv in an AS69RC."

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So i did a 160km trip today. Zero issues. When I got home I incrementally drained up to 1.5 litres of ATF and got the level set right in the hot cross hatch of the dipstick. So 8.5 litres total for my drain, fill and filter change. I was around that 6.5 litre mark for just a pan drain.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ao not much on the go lately with the truck. My wife has done some hauling and looks like she has quite a bit more to do. I decided to take a look at the rear diff gear oil. I checked the level and she dribbled out, looked good. The color was not black but darker.

I have just a hair over 100,000km on the truck and 60 on the oil. I had used group 4 based 80w140 previously since I had bought a 20 L pail many years ago for my 1500.

Boringly simple to drain on the AAM axles. I had pulled the pan on the first drain to inspect the gears but with next to nothing for wear metals, this is a waste of time.

I just loosened most of the cover bolts, removed the lower half and pried the cover open a bit. I used my suction gun to fill her and then bolted it back up. A spray down of brake cleaner, a wipe and she's done. A spirited test drive revealed nothing than she was at the proper level and good for many more years.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts