RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Sorry it happened to you, not probable but let's hope its something serviceable like tone wheel.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yup. 2015 purchased new. No extended warranty past anything that acompanies the AEM or recalls. So we’ll see what the dealer says.
Good luck, I am guessing a new engine with 3 year warranty is the most cost effective option in this market. Unfortunately, who knows how long you have to wait?!

·
Registered
458 Posts
When they replace these are they replacing with the gen 3 or gen 2 motors? I would assume gen 3 because I wouldn't think they would be building any new gen 2 but not sure.
When you are refering to the Gen 3 engine, I am going to assume you are talking about the 2020+ engines. They can't be retro-fitted, totally different layouts.

I do however "think", that there has been some improvements made with manufacturing along the way since 2014 that has helped some.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Confirmed dead. $14,086 out the door. Plus the wait.
You best out of warranty option at this point is finding a shop you trust finding out how much they would charge to do the engine swap and order a new engine directly you'll still get the 100k / 3 year warranty. Tune it on day one and never look back.

New Part Number: 5158048AF

New Gen 2 stock engines:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts