21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
DEF pump $1034.88
DEF tank $2899.88
Def injector $598.00
DEF fluid $270.18
How many miles on your truck? And why exactly do you need a new DEF pump and tank?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Hi: biodiesel... Looks like the "Parts changers" says so!!!
If the parts are free, I wouldn't argue with the 'parts changers'. If I'm outside of warranty, then I would try a few things before replacing all those parts.

Reactions: 3DHawkeye

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
And I hope you're estimate does not include the $100. deductible you had mentioned... because that's BS as it states NO WHERE in the extended warranty about that. ;)
Yes, the Fiat Chrysler 8/120 extended warranty, which I also have, does require a $100 deductible. That is not the same as the AEM extended warranty that covers all of the cost of this repair.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Perhaps I got upset prematurely, as usual. Here's the text message that I received from the stealer this morning.

Good morning, I got it all covered under the 10/120 X78 3.0 DIESEL Warranty =)
I will order the parts today, vehicle will be here for a little over a week or so. I will update you at my return to see where we're at next Wednesday. Have a good day and a good rest of your week. Again, thank you for your patience., -Erica

Too good to be true? We'll have to see how it goes. The DEF fluid had better be covered too, as I don't relish paying $33.75/gal for it. Interestingly, when I went back to the estimate link to print it out, it was gone. Oh well, she says "all covered" so will have to wait and see.
Hey Anomaly,

We're happy to see your dealer checking into that for you! If you'd like some extra assistance while you're waiting for your vehicle, or experience a long wait time, please send us a direct message.

Callie
Ram Cares

Reactions: Anomaly

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey Anomaly,

We're happy to see your dealer checking into that for you! If you'd like some extra assistance while you're waiting for your vehicle, or experience a long wait time, please send us a direct message.

Callie
Ram Cares
Everything seems to be moving along just fine so far. I received a text this morning saying that the parts are in already.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, as some of you may have expected, here's the estimate that I received today, with no mention of warranty coverage.

DEF pump $1034.88
DEF tank $2899.88
Def injector $598.00
DEF fluid $270.18

I can see that this is going to be fun when I pay them a visit tomorrow.
All of those prices are ridiculous, but the def fluid takes the cake.

·
Registered
236 Posts
All of those prices are ridiculous, but the def fluid takes the cake.
Even more ridiculous is the fact that the DEF fluid level sensor is often what goes bad on a P203E and this sensor is integrated into the tank. Turns and easy fix, $25 replaceable part into a drop and replace the DEF tank and a several thousand dollar bill.

Perhaps I got upset prematurely, as usual. Here's the text message that I received from the stealer this morning.

Good morning, I got it all covered under the 10/120 X78 3.0 DIESEL Warranty =)
I will order the parts today, vehicle will be here for a little over a week or so. I will update you at my return to see where we're at next Wednesday. Have a good day and a good rest of your week. Again, thank you for your patience., -Erica

Too good to be true? We'll have to see how it goes. The DEF fluid had better be covered too, as I don't relish paying $33.75/gal for it. Interestingly, when I went back to the estimate link to print it out, it was gone. Oh well, she says "all covered" so will have to wait and see.
I also got a decent amount of push back from the dealer when I had mine done. Eventually talked things through and provided the long form notice and everything and they were able to locate the correct warranty to run this under. I don't think they are very used to dealing with the AEM warranty.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Even more ridiculous is the fact that the DEF fluid level sensor is often what goes bad on a P203E and this sensor
Oftentimes you can get the sensor to start working again just by draining and filling with distilled water. Let it sit overnight, then drain and fill with DEF.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Oftentimes you can get the sensor to start working again just by draining and filling with distilled water. Let it sit overnight, then drain and fill with DEF.
I suspect that is true, however, while I still have a warranty I'm not going to fiddle with it. What bothers me most is that they like to integrate parts so that you have to replace a whole assembly. In this case a $2000 tank to fix a broken $50 sensor. The engineers should be ashamed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Everything seems to be moving along just fine so far. I received a text this morning saying that the parts are in already.
We are happy to hear it! Please feel free to reach out should you need anything!

Callie
Ram Cares

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
OK guys and gals, I got my truck back today after 17 days. That included 4 days in the body shop for the dent that they inflicted onto my baby. But, it's all good.. The dent was impeccably repaired. Considering that and that the parts had to be ordered, have to say that I am satisfied that I got it back that soon.

I certainly am appalled at the estimate, had I had to pay for this. Fortunately, the AEM warranty covered everything. Had it not, my FCA extended warranty would have with a $100 deductible.
This lesson has reinforced my belief that owning one of these time bombs is financial suicide if one has no warranty.

Thank you to my dealer and to RAM for taking care of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hi: Anomaly... Glad it worked out for you. I must admit I don't feel comfortable being at the mercy of Stella Antics with my family jewels exposed and no warranty to fall back on. All I can do is treat her nice and hope she doesn't take me to the cleaners.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Happy to hear this update, It's always nice when things work out the way they should.
Fingernails bit to the quick, but otherwise happy and I escaped with my checkbook unscathed.
My FCA extended warranty expires next month, but still have two years left on the AEM warranty (I think). Time to start looking at trucks again..

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hi: Anomaly... Glad it worked out for you. I must admit I don't feel comfortable being at the mercy of Stella Antics with my family jewels exposed and no warranty to fall back on. All I can do is treat her nice and hope she doesn't take me to the cleaners.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
Do you qualify for the AEM warranty? If not, perhaps a third party warranty would be worth looking into.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts