RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Telling a guy to return something he just bought or that the buyer wanted an “earring” for his truck doesn’t help and IS rubbish. My initial post didn’t invite this kind of responses and they are BS. Civil? Perhaps. Poking the bear? Yup. Opinions are great. I don’t need the kind of responses given by Shaggn85 or Bounty Hunter. Perhaps responding to the OP’s question or concern would be better for all.

·
Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,358 Posts
I got all excited about the banks unit... untill i read it's not available... I was sold on the point of having an "O" ring seal.
Look into the LubeLocker gasket for the differential cover. When installed properly, people report being able to reuse the gasket.

·
Premium Member
5,351 Posts
Telling a guy to return something he just bought or that the buyer wanted an “earring” for his truck doesn’t help and IS rubbish. My initial post didn’t invite this kind of responses and they are BS. Civil? Perhaps. Poking the bear? Yup. Opinions are great. I don’t need the kind of responses given by Shaggn85 or Bounty Hunter. Perhaps responding to the OP’s question or concern would be better for all.
WTF did I say to get your panties in a bunch? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
dANG it... I got all excited about the banks unit... untill i read it's not available... I was sold on the point of having an "O" ring seal. RTV is for lazy engineers.. in my humble opinion. The maintenance of the diff seems much better as well. Because i do my own work... well... as much as i can.. I liked this unit. I really hope they produce one for the truck. I'd pick one up for sure.

After watching the Banks video, looks like any of the other Flat Back units wont be better than stock. Thanks for posting the vid Bounty Hunter!
I hear ya on the rtv. And i wish this had a drain plug.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry Bounty Hunter. My mistake. It was MAS with his “earring” comment. Please accept my apology.

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
I'm curious as to the benefit the OP is looking to get out of this product.

There are arguments for adding lube capacity but we have tons of people towing very heavy with no rear end issues with the stock setup. Just not seeing the benefit.

In addition, the afe site seems to be selling the wrong oil with this. Im pretty sure you need 75-140 for the rear. That does not inspire confidence in me.

Dont get mad. Literally just trying to help or understand what ur after.

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts

Why worry if it has a drain plug, there's already one on the side of the housing pointing to the right tire

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts

Why worry if it has a drain plug, there's already one on the side of the housing pointing to the right tire
Odd. When i did one i didnt see that. I could also be mistaking the eco for my 99 k2500

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
My reasons are the ability to view the oil level in the sight glass, easily change fluid, magnetic plugs to capture/identify any metal shavings which could indicate wear, and increased oil capacity. Driving off pavement on often very poor quality and steep roads in 4WD Low a long way from pavement gives me added need for parts that can reduce potential breakdowns. I suppose the good looks of the cover is a bonus but I’d never buy it for that as a main reason. The roads out here on the photo are not very forgiving.
Cloud Sky Natural landscape Highland Plant

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
If it wasn't for the clouds and color of the dirt I'd say you were on Mars, that's pretty nice hunting ground

21 - 32 of 32 Posts