1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 3.0L
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 RAM 1500 ECODIESEL 3.0L HELP!!!!!!

I am the 2nd owner, purchased in 2019 with 30,000 miles....now has about 80,000
I am new to this forum, do not know where to start...hopefully some feedback and recommendations upon any other similar experiences.......

This is has been a long drawn out experience, but will try to start from the beginning. Back in May 2022, my electronic throttle cable light came on....lost power...and started smoking from under the engine. I had it towed to the dealership, who proceeded to complete the past due recalls, including the V08 and EGR. They had my truck for 4 months. (apparently parts take forever to come since COVID)......I FINALLY get it back.....was told it runs great now.....I proceed to pick it up from the dealership and drive home (12 Miles)....Seemed like it was back to normal. I was just so happy to finally have my truck back. Went to work in the morning (15 miles). On the way home from work, my engine blew. (loud loud noise from bottom end of engine along with a trail of oil until). Truck didn't start, and I had it towed directly back to the dealership. Now my truck has been sitting there for 2 months because they refuse to say that it had anything to do with what they had done.....which is BS because that would be such a coincidence. I have found out that through FCA, there is an extended warranty if you had the v08 recall completed, which I did. It covers motor parts, but not all. I have been arguing back and forth with the dealership about this new "x78" extended warranty. They have told me and insisted that it did not exist and their local rep agreed. - Through ALOT of phone calls on my behalf to the FCA, I pled with them to please contact my dealership and tell them what they are telling me. - Through looking things up on the internet regarding recalls and warranty's, I also found the step by step instructions (for the dealerships) on how to complete the v08 recall. it states numerous times, in bold and underlined, that a copy of the new extended warranty needs to be provided to the customer before completion on the v08 recall. - So not only was I not given one, I was being told it doesn't exist. I proceeded to email all of my internet found documentation to the dealership (who still will not look at my truck to even tell me what happened to the motor). I am at a stand still with a dealership that will not touch my vehicle, when I can totally ASSUME my motor blew after only a few miles, because a fault of theirs. I owe about the same amount that it books for currently. This has been months of payments and insurance payments on a vehicle sitting at the dealership, who they refuse to touch. I just want them to take responsibility, and at least tell me what is wrong or exactly broken on my engine. I understand all of the components are not covered on the x78 extended warranty, but alot may be. They finally acknowledged this warranty, after i threatened to call and attorney yesterday....but are now trying to tell me that it doesn't pertain to me because I am not the original owner....So, on the phone with the FCA, AGAIN, and they verified it does NOT matter how many owners......the criteria is this:

10 years
120,000 miles
or by Sept 2025

* I am a country girl. I change my own oil etc. Always have. Very simple on this truck.

How can a dealership give so much incorrect information to a customer? I know I am a girl, but I am not stupid either. I do need HELP and do NOT know what to do!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SLT 4x4 Quadcab 3.53 with a cap
1,245 Posts
It's sad they keep giving us the rusty screwdriver. Take the biggest meanest looking guy with you next time, maybe they will relent. I know a couple times I sent my wife to the dealer for an oil change and filter, written down on paper so they couldn't bamboozle her. She got a call that she needed a new cylinder head. I promptly went down and spoke with the owner, free oil change and told him quit screwing people around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's sad they keep giving us the rusty screwdriver. Take the biggest meanest looking guy with you next time, maybe they will relent. I know a couple times I sent my wife to the dealer for an oil change and filter, written down on paper so they couldn't bamboozle her. She got a call that she needed a new cylinder head. I promptly went down and spoke with the owner, free oil change and told him quit screwing people around.
Already did that.... I sent my PA State Trooper boyfriend........and its sad...this is a small town, everyone knows everyone, and the dealership does this and is getting away with it...wish i knew what to do...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No way I can know if the dealer was responsible for the engine failure. If they are, it's likely between you and the dealer to work it out since the extended warranty doesn't cover the engine.
and Im also finding another extended warranty if you had the w58 recall completed...which i did when all of these were done by the dealership in May....I can't find it to print off, but looks like camshaft items????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No way I can know if the dealer was responsible for the engine failure. If they are, it's likely between you and the dealer to work it out since the extended warranty doesn't cover the engine.
After only 20 miles of having it back??? from having major recalls completed????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im hoping that the extended warranties now that are linked to each recall completed, may cover something...Besides the x78, do you know exactly what parts are covered for the x95? I have the list for the x78, can't find the list for the x95.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree it's an unlikely coincidence, but not sure how you can prove it???
I just found on old paperwork that there is a star case for my truck. S1618000034 release date: 6/28/2016 (previous owner) ...and a star case S181800024 release date August 2021.But when I had my current problem back in May 2022, The scan report Had P026D as well as P0299- which are codes for the Star cases as well. What does all this mean? And does it help in pleading my case for my engine to be covered???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts