RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Hey friends. Upcoming prospective buyer of a 2022 eco. I’ve read lots of discussions here and on other sites focusing on this engine, and an overwhelming amount are negative.

I’m just wondering if all of the people that don’t have issues just generally don’t post? Anyone care to share some success stories with their engines?

Success to me means over 100k miles with minimal issues. Assuming maintenance is kept up.
I have 204000 on my 2015 with only on time oil changes, one set of brakes and three sets of tires. Only did the tailgate recall.

No one ever goes to a site to brag about how great their truck is.
I do. I brag all the time. We loved our 2015 EcoDiesel so much that we bought a second EcoDiesel (2020 model). Both trucks are workhorses, daily drivers, grocery getters, road trip warriors, and tow rigs. I'm here to brag and show off pics! :cool:

I do. I brag all the time. We loved our 2015 EcoDiesel so much that we bought a second EcoDiesel (2020 model). Both trucks are workhorses, daily drivers, grocery getters, road trip warriors, and tow rigs. I'm here to brag and show off pics! :cool:
Well Amigo I hate to break it to ya, but we all know you're really a bot posting this because the internet doesn't lie and plenty of folks come to this forum to warn of us of the dangers of purchasing these trucks, and we know the everything on the internet is the truth :unsure: .

@biodiesel 🍺 glad to see those trucks are getting the job done (y)

They are a great truck, especially if you do your own servicing. Easy to work on for routine stuff. At 145,000 miles on my 2017, I 've only done oil changes, fuel filter and transmission servicing myself. On my second brake pad change and 3d set of tires look about half worn out. Plan on changing serpentine belt at 150k. Trouble free truck.

Reactions: Dawgnation
I kinda like the way you brag..keep it up.
I really need to take some new pictures. But for now, here's some more bragging.

I'm in there ;) :unsure:🤣🤣 post number #1 my accounts got messed up early-on so I made the "Too" account, I'd take one or the other but had troubles contacting a mod:(
Oh, I see! I went ahead and updated to keiths487too so there won't be any more confusion!

Reactions: keiths487too
@biodiesel the only thing missing from your post is a dog, some country music and a mountain waterfall 😂😂😂

FCA approves of this advertisement 🤣🤣🤣.......

Y'all can't say we don't have some great folks on this forum.🤠

Hey friends. Upcoming prospective buyer of a 2022 eco. I’ve read lots of discussions here and on other sites focusing on this engine, and an overwhelming amount are negative.

I’m just wondering if all of the people that don’t have issues just generally don’t post? Anyone care to share some success stories with their engines?

Success to me means over 100k miles with minimal issues. Assuming maintenance is kept up.
My 2015 eco has 124000 on it. Runs awesome,good maintenance and I have never towed anything. Hauled a few loads of wood ect. Drive daily 10 miles one way, highway. Always let it warm up and once a week take it out on the interstate at 75- 80 mph for twenty minutes out twenty minutes back.

I have a 2020 Eco, 4x4, 19,000 miles. It has been flawless, so far. Drives like a Cadillac. Just took a trip with about 32 hours of driving, round trip. Mileage and range is great. Up to 32-34 on long straight roads. (full disclosure 3:21 rear end). good torque on hills and I also pull a small camping trailer 5000lbs max, no problems. I used to have a 99 7.3 powerstroke that was a great engine and rig, so I was a little leery of the new technology. I like the fact I can use this for all around driving and don't need to pay for the 3/4 ton sitting around. Just thought I'd post without a problem!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.